By Anonymous - 29/10/2014 08:19 - Australia - Ashburton

Today, trying to be a good role model for the kids behind me, I stopped and thoroughly checked both sides of the road before crossing. I still managed to get hit by a car. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 556
You deserved it 7 329

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Well, if the car came barreling out of nowhere it's not your fault. Hope you aren't hurt!

And now those kids will be too terrified at the image of someone getting hit by a car that they won't want to cross the street.

Comments

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Well, if the car came barreling out of nowhere it's not your fault. Hope you aren't hurt!

That happened to me once going down one of those 45* driveways, looked both ways and went down, and a car comes around the corner directly to my right, then an old women bitched me out for like the next 5-10 minutes while my friends stood off to the side laughing, lol.

Yeah, sometimes life just decides to hit you where it hurts...Well in your case, literally.

vanessa_tranz 15

Did you look left, right, then left again? But that sucks OP, if the car came from nowhere. I'm going to assume this was the case.

op is from Australia, he needed to look right, left, right. And behind him if at an intersection.

The FML states that he thoroughly looked both ways.

something tells me that he looked both ways, decided it was 'safe enough' despite there being some cars around, and crossed anyway. some people forget the reason why they do something.

I find it unlikely (although it is possible) that Op looked both ways and crossed the street without there being any cars nearby. Unless the car came barreling out of nowhere really fast? But then wouldn't Op have been killed if the car was going that fast? It sounds to me like Op made more of a show about looking around than he put in actually looking around. I could be wrong, but it seems unlikely to me.

vanessa_tranz 15

#14 Oh whoops, my bad! I must've glanced over it. Now that I think about it, I agree with #36 and #43.

Maybe it's time to go back to holding your mom's hand when crossing the street

How can people click the YDI button?!? It was obviously not OP's fault cuz he was just crossing the road. If the car came out if nowhere it's not OP's fault. But if the car was coming slowly enough for OP to see it, then it's OP's fault

I think you're confused 49. You just asked how Op could deserve it, than gave an example of how it was Op's fault. I think you answered your own question. ;)

And now those kids will be too terrified at the image of someone getting hit by a car that they won't want to cross the street.

well, that's one way to keep them safe! ;)

This is in desperate need of a follow up.

tony1891 22

ok kids be sure and check both sides of the road before crossing.... OH SHIT!!

Sometimes, the world is still an asshole when you try and do right.

FMLL2016 16

Those kids are probably too traumatized to cross the street now.