By NoColor - 29/10/2014 13:09 - United States - San Francisco

Today, my little sister decided to color-in my favorite black-and-white comic book. It was worth over $200. When I told my mother, she said, "Oh that old thing? I thought it was a stupid coloring book you were too stupid to color." FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 510
You deserved it 4 296

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Completely rude and ignorant of them sorry OP

Your mom doesn't think very highly of you, doesn't say much for her .

Comments

You kind of deserved it for not looking after a 200$ comic book better.

Where do you get that impression from? If OP knows the value of a comic book, than obviously they would leave in their room where people aren't supposed to just take things.

OP said it was their favorite, which means it was used to begin with, but obviously well taken care of for it to be worth $200. It isn't about the amount itself per se, it's about the VALUE both personal and monetary. Siblings go into other siblings rooms all the time. It's a fact of life. They dig and play with whatever they want. Now when the little sister brought it to mom and said I wanna color, she should have taken a good look at it. Most comic books have a magazine like cover, not a harder paper one like coloring books. But it's obvious she didn't care and was highly rude of her to insult the OP in the process. I eventually had to get a lock on the inside and outside of my door. If you're old enough to invest in one, I suggest you do so. If your mother has a problem with it, remind her of the comic book and that you're doing it to protect your stuff. On a side note, some siblings share a room too when there is no choice as well.

Why is there an "OP has replied to this FML" box? I keep clicking on the link to take me to the OP's comment, but nothing happens.

Next time put ur collectibles somewhere not so easy to find.

I keep my valuables like that in ziplock bags in a safe place where Little kids can't get them... Better luck next time if you can get another

Your mom is dumber than brain damage 10 year old... no offense.

sounds like my mother. Only solution is a lockable safe of some sort that you can bolt down to the floor or bed-frame. Though I'm sure one morning they will ask "why do you have a locked box???!!!!"

some people just don't get comic books :(