By NoColor - 29/10/2014 13:09 - United States - San Francisco

Today, my little sister decided to color-in my favorite black-and-white comic book. It was worth over $200. When I told my mother, she said, "Oh that old thing? I thought it was a stupid coloring book you were too stupid to color." FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 510
You deserved it 4 296

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Completely rude and ignorant of them sorry OP

Your mom doesn't think very highly of you, doesn't say much for her .

Comments

Make her pay for it, one way or another. Even if you're a minor, if you purchased that, that's destruction of property.

murder was the case that they gave me. nut said

The thing of it is that it doesn't matter that it was a comic worth $200. It wouldn't even matter if it WERE an old colouring book. What matters is that it wasn't hers to decide what to do with. It wasn't hers to assign a value to. It wasn't hers to take from you and give to someone else. When you move out, you'd better take everything you love. Leave nothing, because when you come home next you'll find that she's sold all of your childhood keepsakes and favourite toys at a garage sale, because she's arrogant enough to assume that what's in her house is hers to do with as she pleases, regardless of ownership. Posts like this make my blood boil.

kotake 7

Break something of hers, like a vase, and then say you thought it was a big cup she was too stupid to drink out of. Or just show her that we all collectively view her as the bitch she is. Honestly it doesn't matter if it's a 200 dollar comic or a crappy 5 cent bouncy ball. You disrespect your child's property why expect them to respect yours?

Some people never understand how important comic books are to people like us. Sigh.

I always wanted comic books as a kid. If anything I owned had value my dad would sell it for beer and hookers. Now I just can't afford it.

That just sucks. Feel so sorry for you :|

jthmtwin 16

Absolutely cannot stand when parents feel that since you are their child they can do whatever they please with your things. My only reaction would have been murder, or burn her favorite item

I totally said that when I share this FML on Facebook

Explain. Make her pay for it. In $ then move on.

You can ask for a replacement or covering the costs. Just because it's your family doesn't in any way mean you have to take this kind of shit ;)

Completely insulting, not just for the lack of respect for other's people property but the way she spoke to you. I can't believe that your mother couldn't tell what your interest are.

HoneyB25 6

I feel bad for you but that teaches you not to leave stuff like that out

rocker_chick23 27

Where in the post did it say OP left it out? It could have been in a bookshelf for all we know.