By iheartnjdevils - 12/01/2011 19:42 - United States

Today, my landlord sent tree cutters to take down a tree in our front yard. I didn't realize their job included walking around the house and gratuitously staring at me through the window as I dressed. My boyfriend won't complain because he's afraid our rent will go up in retaliation. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 594
You deserved it 7 919

Same thing different taste

Top comments

if you are too stupid to close the damn blinds, then you have zero reason to complain

OP, you're making this sound a lot more difficult than it has to be. Go change in another room that doesn't face the tree cutters. Preferably a bathroom. Put up curtains, blinds, shades, etc. You could hang a damn blanket in front of the window. This can be easily solved, I don't understand why your life is ******. Also, why does your boyfriend have to complain for you? It's YOUR problem, YOU go complain. Does your boyfriend have to defend your honor or something?

Comments

If you don't want to be watched, get curtains! Or close the ones you have!! Why should your boyfriend have to say something? You're the dumbass that didn't prevent this from happening...just saying....use your common sense! !

Put on your big-girl-panties and complain yourself. Then again, there's not much to complain about. YOU decided to change in front of uncovered windows. So live with the stares.

I am AMAZED that it does not seem to have occurred to anyone here that maybe she didn't realize they could see her. Imagine this: Tree-cutters are only supposed to be in the front yard. Your window faces the back yard. You're in a hurry for work, getting ready, shades aren't closed all the way. As you are changing, you turn around to unexpectedly find strange men STARING unabashedly at you. You tell your boyfriend about it, he comes up with a MORONIC excuse not to say anything. That's fine, you can do it yourself, but you are still faced with the knowledge that your boyfriend is a wimpy, crappy boyfriend who doesn't care about your feelings or the law. In conclusion: pay more attention to closing the blinds in the future, DO make a complaint because you have every right to (staring into a window while a woman is undressing is ILLEGAL whether the rest of you like it or not) and DUMP your crappy boyfriend who refuses to stick up for you. And all of you who think there wasn't a crime committed here are also morons. She clearly stated she didn't realize they would be walking AROUND the house, from the front yard (so her window obviously was not facing the front yard like some of you have speculated). You do have every legal right to walk around your house naked, and to flash your backyard as long as it is not open to the public. Workers who happen to find themselves there, for whatever reason, do not legally constitute "the public."

your BF is a pussy OP..He should go kick some ass if he had any sort of respect for his woman and himself..beyond me how a man can let that shit slide, if you wanna call yourself a man after that..He mustn't have much respect for himself either if he's gonna let other guys disrespect his woman, despite whoever that woman is.

You boyfriend sounds like he needs to grow a pair.