By trees - 24/07/2013 16:44 - United States - Waupaca

Today, I watched one of my neighbor's trees fall into the electrical lines outside my house. This was after he took a chainsaw to the tree. He refuses to cover the damages. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 320
You deserved it 2 926

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wizardo 33

Take legal action or call the police, its damage of personal property and clearly you have the evidence in a form of a giant tree.

Ouch. Sorry to hear that OP. Do you have any proof that he made the tree fall?

Comments

cherry72 13

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

What did you say that fir? I wooden have expected such words from you. I'm stumped.

cherry72 13

Damn the pressure of making a witty comment as#1 gahhhh! Lol

It's not that huge a deal. I don't know why people think it's so fantastic, as you're comment is as visible as everyone else's on the first page.

Its pretty stupid that you have to make an amazing pun, or witty comment to not get thumbed down. Whats wrong with you commenting what you feel?

Because saying "Wow that sucks" when you could just press the button that says "I agree, your life sucks" is both wasting comment space and adding nothing of substance to the FML. And it doesn't always have to be a witty comment or pun. Many people get thumbed up for simply adding an intelligent statement or suggestion for the OP to comment section. That's just the way it is, and frankly I see no problem with it.

Because puns are what make this community strong! I salute you FMLians

Yea this is clearly op's fault for living in that specific house where his neighbors tree fell. Sucks to be him.

salazara 10

Huh? Leatherface is alive......since when? lol

Nah,I though it was great. Man, gotta live trees falling on electric wires and having to cover the damage.

GuessWhatKids 13
maskedman98 6

Ouch. Sorry to hear that OP. Do you have any proof that he made the tree fall?

Chainsaws do tend to make trees fall...

38 - I think they meant something OP could show the authorities to prove his case.

Chainsaw cuts into a tree, are a pretty specific way to prove the neighbor did it, especially if he used his own chainsaw.

Goblin182 26

Chainsaws do not make trees fall, people make trees fall.

Wizardo 33

Take legal action or call the police, its damage of personal property and clearly you have the evidence in a form of a giant tree.

This is one of the few times that it actually makes sense to sue someone...

Kristoffer 35

Only because the responsible party is refusing to cover the financial costs of his actions.

DyslexicPanda 12

37, you took the words right out of my mouth. People are sometimes douches and deserve to be treated as such

DorkAlert 10

First of all, those "electric lines" which I'm wondering if they are phone lines cuz usually its phone lines in a neighborhood and electric lines n usually underground by houses. Also, those aren't OP's property but the company that owns those lines. SOOO the company can sue OP's neighbor. Glad we could clear this up.

He can refuse all he wants but eventually you're going to get the money from him after you sue

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Yes, but obviously OP's neighbour is. So 7 has a point.

That joke was so funny and original. America is not stupid. We just tend to exploit our stupid people better. Don't act like we're the only country with dumb people.

Any chance I'll see you on Judge Judy soon?

imagineapc 11

This is when you get a lawyer. Make sure to include legal fees in your lawsuit!

Take the case to court and SUE HIS ASS

DorkAlert 10

OP can't because those lines aren't OP's property but the company that owns them. So the company can sue.

wait... who is he supposed to pay for electrical lines ?

The electric company pays to have them fixed, but they'll send whoever damaged them a hefty bill

Damaging the power cables would still be the fault of the neighbour.