Misunderstanding

By Anonymous - 11/11/2019 03:00

Today, my boss sent me to remove a tree from a client's home. So I went and cut down the tree, only for my boss to show up an hour later, speechless. I was supposed to remove a sapling that had sprouted through the driveway tarmac, not the 100-year-old prizewinning Japanese cherry tree. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 360
You deserved it 3 447

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should have confirmed WHICH tree was to be removed, you so deserve this. Your boss should have specified which tree but it was still your responsibility to make sure which one before doing anything.

A sapling isn't a tree. Thats on your boss.

Comments

You should have confirmed WHICH tree was to be removed, you so deserve this. Your boss should have specified which tree but it was still your responsibility to make sure which one before doing anything.

A sapling isn't a tree, though. When you pull up to a house and see 1 tree there, you don't go looking for tiny twigs. OP still should have confirmed the tree is supposed to be removed to avoid having the wrong address etc but this is just as much on the boss that called a sapling a tree.

a sapling is a SMALL TREE. therefore it is a tree.

A sapling isn't a tree. Thats on your boss.

It never occured to you to ask what tree? ydi. that's just careless and sloppy work.

KingAdrock 16

If the client knows anything about tree law, your company is screwed...

Mathalamus 24

You deserved it. Only an idiot would fail to confirm everything.

"Today my dumbass employee didn't make sure he understood his instructions before doing a job I'm being sued for millions FML"

thehaystackerine 20

Attention to detail and be aware of your customer. Two trees, one that obviously needs removed. Therefore, wait or ask.

Always, ALWAYS double check and confirm which tree! Even if your boss told you which one, you always check yourself as he could have gotten them mixed up. This is all on you.

Do they not include pictures? just descriptions of the tree that you are supposed to cut?