By Alex White - 02/05/2016 16:50 - Canada - Westerose

Today, my husband was using the microwave when we suddenly hear a huge 'POP'. The good news is we found our daughter's missing hamster. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 496
You deserved it 4 760

Same thing different taste

Top comments

he didn't notice the hamster in there when he put the food in?

I'm not sure how you could not notice a frantic furry animal in your microwave.

Comments

This is sick. No sympathy from me OP.

Read the story again before you comment.

Ok. This is sick. No sympathy from me OP's husband who wasn't the one who submitted to FML hoping that 'I agree, your life sucks'.

countryb_cth 38

It's not like either of them did it on purpose.

My guess would be the hamster was in the food before it got placed in the microwave. Either way, that's unfortunate. Sorry op.

good logic. I wouldn't have thought of that.

Wow. That sounds pretty nasty.... My stomach is churning just thinking of the mess

I'm having a hard time figuring out how the hamster got inside in the first place, and secondly how it wasn't noticed!

I'm sort of tall and I cannot see all the way into our microwave unless I stoop a bit. I never think to make the extra effort to properly look into the microwave, although after this FML I probably will from now on to make sure nothing is in there that shouldn't be.

What a mess to have to clean up... and who doesn't check the microwave before using it?

What a mess to clean?! I'd be tossing the microwave and getting a new one. With a clear door and a child lock.

Do you leave your microwave door open? How did the little guy get in there in the first place?!

One should not operate such sophisticated equipment while drunk.

Melodija 19

My first thought was that the hamster bit through the wires of the microwave which could have created a pop sound

"Jesus, just leave the going POP to us." –weasels

Talis99 26

I kinda wanna cry now. Poor little hamster's last moments were terrible.

I suffer emotional detachment and don't feel for people, but animals I feel a great amount of love for, and this makes me want to cry as well (I rarely cry). That poor wee mite suffered in his last moments. :(