The sad truth

By Soulara89 - 23/12/2014 01:28 - United States - Orlando

Today, on a first date with a guy, I spilled ice cream all over my pants. He bought me some more, and as I was thanking him, he said, "You've never had a guy treat you right, have you?" I said no and started crying. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 674
You deserved it 5 266

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Any boy that understands the importance of replacing ice cream is a keeper. Never let him go.

I find that very sweet,actually. You must have been embarrassed, for sure, but if he really is a "guy who treats you right" I'm sure he understood he touched a nerve with that question. Chin up, OP, maybe you found someone worth the wait!

Comments

That is so sweet of him. You deserve a guy to treat you right.

YDI because he sounds like a good guy who will treat you right. :)

Another pair of pants or another ice cream? ? I know the answer just wanted to say that

bobman51 15

Maybe today's your lucky day with this guy

I'm thinking this could be the start of a nice relationship. Follow up, OP?

Plot twist: OP's mother paid him to date her.

ShannonBitt 29

#50 he'll have to ask for a little extra for having to pay for an extra ice cream

How is this an FML? That guy sounds perfect for you.

Wow, I got moderated for that. I wasn't saying that this doesn't count as an FML. I was saying that what happened surely was only embarassment and that she should be lucky for having him. Can my comment please be restored?

Any boy that understands the importance of replacing ice cream is a keeper. Never let him go.

RecklessLove 18

I assumed she meant more pants.

Yeah I thought she meant more trousers as well, but icecream might make a bit more sense.

Pretty sure OP meant more ice cream as most people wouldn't say he bought me more pants. It doesn't quite roll off the tongue.

I find that very sweet,actually. You must have been embarrassed, for sure, but if he really is a "guy who treats you right" I'm sure he understood he touched a nerve with that question. Chin up, OP, maybe you found someone worth the wait!

LOL #5 you're seeing the world backwards. That's the first time a guy's treated her right, she's not gonna let him go pff xD

You would be surprised, #10. Some women repeatedly ignore the good guys and gravitate to the ones that treat them like shit.

And that's when he fell in love with her.

A girl let me go once after I did everything I could to be a good guy. Not long after, she came back, saying she made a mistake and asking for a second chance. But I had moved on.

#10, I read it as if she felt embarrassed and that she feared that he might not want to go out with her again - hence my comment!

Sometimes our psyche's do weird things. Often times people don't feel they deserved to be treated well. Other times they'll say this can't be all it appears to be. They sabotage themselves. It's sad but I see it in my male and female friends alike, though more often in my female friends. I think it's because people go through so many awful emotionally manipulative relationships, when they meet someone that doesn't treat them like shit, it sets off a red flag that this isn't normal.

You are completely right - that's a huge problem for those who have been mistreated before, especially during childhood. Sadly, if you don't think you're good enough it may happen that you act in a way that leads others to confirm your expectations. That is why finding somebody who treats them right is very important for this type of people, and therapy as well if it comes to that.

nataliewby 25

He sounds sweet OP, maybe you found a keeper!

I accidentally thumbed down your comment. I meant to thumb up it but it won't let me change it. Sorry

I'm sorry if you've been mistreated in the past, but at least this guy was nice.

That's sweet. Though it's always a sweet first date when someone makes you cream your pants.

I'm in a dilemma, since you definitely deserved to be treated right after so long. Now hopefully there will be a second date :)

Awww! That is super sweet. Hopefully he sticks around, sounds like a keeper.