By Anonymous - 28/11/2012 06:32 - United States - Madison

Today, my husband quit his job as a university professor and picked up the graveyard shift at a rat farm so he could have more time during the day to play World of Warcraft. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 707
You deserved it 3 391

Same thing different taste

Top comments

nelds 12

Comments

When you notice the drop rate of your wifes pants is getting rarer, you know you play to much WoW.

challan 19

its ok, his wow wife is a freak.

chrissy2 28

If all my husband did was play WOW, I would be naked everyday.

These two idiots... I understood your joke...and it was awesome

TheDrifter 23

Odd, as you seem to have missed both of theirs.

chrissy2 28

I got the joke. Don't know about you guys

loccsta83 5

Wifey panties is a common drop no worries

Hiphuray4peas 27

Sounds like the stupidest idea ever.... maybe he just wasn't smart enough to cut it as a professor.

If you're smart enough to get to that point though (Masters, PhD) you think you'd be good to go.

Hiphuray4peas 27

Unfortunately, that's not the case. Getting a masters or PhD means you have decent grades and dedication, not necessarily intelligence. There are a lot of idiots in academia. There's just less stupid people involved in higher education than in the general population.

a_lenzmeier 11

I'd say it's time for an intervention.

MichellinMan 20

^ what has gone wrong with this sad, sad, society.

a_lenzmeier 11

First all, *have never. Second, no. Video games are not my forte. I prefer actual human interaction to weird dungeons and dragons type garbage.

Way to diss people who enjoy gaming and who have hobbies... If they like it, and it isn't having a negative impact on their lives or other people's/they aren't addicted, then what's wrong with it? If they are happy then isn't that the point?

a_lenzmeier 11

Man where to begin. I said "I" as in me. MY personal opinion. Where did I ever "diss" anyone for like it? I called it garbage because that's what I think but if people like it, good for them. If it tickles your pickle than by all means enjoy it. I was just replying to the person who said I had never played

You demeaned them by saying "I prefer real human interaction to that weird garbage" (paraphrase.) Implying that people are weird for playing it and that they are socially inept etc- you're taking a stance over the issue and therefore putting these people below you. It's the "actual" and "weird" that does it for me. I'm done. Regardless of what you meant, what strikes me about your phrase, is that. Phrased differently it wouldn't sound so snide.

#87 - "Where did I ever "diss" anyone for like it? I called it garbage because that's what I think but if people like it, good for them." What? I think you're narrow-minded and annoying, but if that's the way you like to be, good for you :/ Sincerely a slightly offended GW2 addict

I play WoW but I would never quit my job just so I'd have more time to play. That's just ridiculous.

perdix 29

Why couldn't he just become a Professor of Vampirology so he could work nights and play WoW during the day? You're screwed now -- watch "Willard" and you'll realize why you can't **** with rat farmers.

He may have a lot of bandwidth, but he obviously doesn't have much brainwidth.

crazytwinsmom 25

I'd never heard of a rat farm before. Are you sure he is actually working?

There are rabbit farms, alpaca farms, chicken farms, guinea pig farms... Makes sense that there would rat farms.

crazytwinsmom 25

For pets? Or food? For big snakes I guess.

TheDrifter 23

Both, plus likely lab rats (technically white mice) for scientific use.

I have no idea how you could deserve this. I think people just want to be assholes. Anyways OP, try to talk to him about it. :) Or be the bad cop and threaten to throw the WoW games out. Either way, he should probably think more about the job than a game..

It's downloaded on the computer, you can't exactly throw it out...

Throwing out is basically getting rid of them..

It's a digital download from battlenet. It is attached to his account, so no matter how many times his wife "throws it away" he can just get it right back. Clearly that solution is pointless.

Hey think of the positive here at least he didn't quit his job so he can have more time to do drugs or have unprotected sex with tons of women..