By ZaraAce - 15/04/2011 11:38 - United Kingdom

Today, my husband of 30 years told me that he thought we should 'just be friends'. FML
I agree, your life sucks 66 163
You deserved it 4 759

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tell him "haha you're stuck now" and don't sign any divorce papers

abceasyas123abc 12

Comments

Well now you can at least be BFF's :D

My parents are divorced and they're great friends (for a while they weren't) but it's SUPER weird. I avoid being around the two of them together.

notquite69 0

I can see why. Obviously, there was quite a bit more before he said that, but you'd rather make him look like an ass. YDI.

This is FML idiot... you don't have the luxury of writing a small novel.

lol hes probably right op's do tend to do that on this site :P

notquite69 0

Hey hockeycocks, what a stupid response. They can write more than one sentence. The only reason to write what OP did without giving at least part of what happened, is to make your spouse look bad.

tbj42409 0

why does it matter? after being with someone for 30 years and then all of a sudden its done. that would hurt anyone.

hahaha no kidding... I agree with 100, you seem very emotional about this whole thing. What more can you really say in 2 or 3 sentences. OP could never do justice to explain why a 30 year marriage failed in an FML. Unless there is one or two specific reasons. This wouldnt be an FML if OP said I ****** the neighbor and my husband of 30 years left me, now would it?!? OBVIOUSLY the other half of this equation has completely different perspective of why the marriage failed but this isn't his FML...

Translation - He's banging a chick half his age and doesn't think it's right to continue with the charade that is marriage. Return the favor.

Tell, that's fine but I am going to be a very expensive friend!

He wants to trade in your used pussy for a newer one. Time to face reality or castrate him while he sleeps, it's not like you're going to get it anyway.

I doubt he ever used it, he wants to be friends. OP's husband wants to be her girlfriend! He finally decided to step out of the closet. He hates his balls too and would truly welcome castration. And last but not least his micro dick will go unnoticed.

Actually you don't need a signature for a divorce.. it's just going to take a few years rather than months with out consent. FYL .. you just wasted 30 years of your life with the wrong person. I wonder if really even wants to be friends. I don't understand how you can be with someone that long ad then not want to anymore. I'd feel so lost. good luck op

cldean24 4

Sadly, he was probably using her the entire 30 years they were together. Money, emotionally stability, house cleaning... Who knows. Some people will go to any lengths to have tiny luxuries. He has probably been cheating on her too. He is either the great pretender or op was in denial for 30 years of her life.

Lieto 1

People can change you know. One morning you can realize that other person is going into a different direction

Or, people's feelings change. Nice story though.

TheDrifter 23

30 years? if they married late she may have just entered menopause. This might have been the best way he could think of to say "I like you a lot better in moderation lately". Or it could just be a midlife crisis, nothing that a two week fling with a girl half his age, a corvette and a lot of forgiveness from the op wouldn't fix.

So, marrying late would be marrying at 20 or 25, making OP around 50 or 55? Personally, I don't think 20-25 is marrying 'late'. 30 and up, yeah, though 30's borderline.

TheDrifter 23

I was thinking 30 plus with a few years to get to the breaking point. It's a shame that people can change so much they despise one they once loved, but such is life.

30 plus with a few years to get to the breaking point still means after 30 years OP will be in her sixties. I'm positive menopause starts well before that point in most women, though there are some who start in their sixties. Then again there are some who start in their forties. *shrug*

jordanprodigy023 0

Wow that's a debbie downer right thurr