By Anonymous - 03/11/2012 13:50 - United States

Today, my hair straightener broke. My husband suggested putting electrical tape on it because it was heat proof. I did and started straightening my hair. The supposed heat proof tape melted and got stuck in my hair. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 334
You deserved it 34 788

Same thing different taste

Comments

your husband has no idea what he is talking about

gregkingsley 4

U might be a redneck if.............

sugarshane007 20

That's not a redneck thing, it's a backwoods thing. Rednecks aren't that dumb either ,and if they used anything, I would have been duck tape.

CharresBarkrey 15

49 - They were making a Jeff Foxworthy reference, don't get all offended.

Seems rednecks ARE dumb enough to call it duck tape instead of duct tape though.

TheDrifter 23

No, the problem is some children are clueless enough to not know the army originally named it duck tape for it's water resistant qualities. It's use on duct work came almost a decade later.

There is also that pesky issue of Duck brand Duct Tape. It is no different than those people who call all tissues Kleenex.

What people usually refer to as Duct/Duck tape is not used on ducts at all (by anyone who knows what they are doing anyway) as it has a very low tolerance to heat and fails very quickly. Actual tape for ducts is a totally different product. As has already been said, it was originally called duck tape which makes more sense since it was made from cotton duck and cannot be used on ducts..

redmane 21

Or you could have gone to the store and got a $20 replacement flat iron for the time being. Next time, buy a flat iron that doesn't have heat plates that will break in two. Don't use too much tension and don't put the heat up too high when you flat iron. Ionic and ceramic are the best materials. Adhesive and heat don't exactly mix well.

I can't believe how stupid you both are... You should really know better, seeing how hot those hair straightener have to get in order to literally IRON your hair flat. YDI

Wash it out if that doesn't work peanut butter if not time for a hair cut.

I don't understand why you must straight your hair. You can't just leave it alone for a day or half and just go out and buy a new one? You should be proud of the hair you were born in. Then again, I wouldn't know. I never had to straight or curl my hair to begin with, I like it the way it is.

"I can't relate to your situation at all, but let me tell you what to do anyway."

sugarshane007 20

It's all about a persons personal preference. If you don't understand, don't try and offer suggestions.

wildsweetchild 19

Most of the heat proof things have a temperature limit. As you now know, hair straighteners temperature gets pretty high and more than enough to melt the tape. I'd say you both are door knobs for thinking it will work. Lesson learned the hard way. Hope you were able to get it out of your hair without a hair cut.