By jerkgirl - United States
Today, while getting my hair done, I was annoyed that the beautician was not paying attention while straightening my hair. After asking her three times to watch what she was doing, I grabbed the iron and said "let me do it, you're going to burn me!". I then burned two layers of skin off my ear. FML
Add a comment
You must be logged in to be able to post comments!
Create my account Sign in
Top comments
  alliewillie  |  22

You sound like a real bitch, OP. think about it from the hairdressers perspective - you keep getting onto her for not doing her job right, then take her tools away to do it yourself and screw it up. I would have laughed at you.

By  amelinat  |  0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.. Show it anyway

By  hk_fml  |  9

Well..I know you didnt want to get your hair ruined at the salon but you didnt have to freak out, she probably knew what she was doing.
D: Sorry, but you deserved it.

By  carmel  |  0

#2 I think she means a straightener, not an iron, but this website is American I think. That's probably what they call them there. You're probably Australian and we call them straighteners.

Also, she probably was paying attention but just talking to someone or something at the same time.
Hairdressers aren't usually that stupid to not pay attention. If someone complains they can probably get fired.

  SoleilHime  |  0

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, this site is based in France, since that's where the default location is. Also, we Americans do call them straighteners or flat irons, but I've never heard someone call it just an iron before.