By Anonymous - 03/11/2012 10:02 - Australia - Queanbeyan

Today, I decided to delete my Facebook account. My older sister repeatedly called me in tears asking why I'm cutting her out of my life. It seems I can't get rid of social media without my family taking offence. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 081
You deserved it 2 271

Same thing different taste

Top comments

twinny_sc 13

Haha that same shit happened to me. I got a call from my mom, sister, and best friend asking why I removed them as friends on Facebook. Then when I said I deleted it they were baffled. Damn social media.

AphyTheBronette 15

Just tell them to take a chill pill and that you love them, just not Facebook.

Comments

Calmly explain the situation. Tell her why you deleted. All with go fine.

I think it will be useless, 'cause the OP's sister seems very stupid.

It's amazing how serious it is to some folks to be "unfriended" on Facebook.

StalkerChick 13

16- yea it's ridiculous. I unfriended a girl back in high school. She thought it meant I wanted to find her. crazy bitch...

Yea.. Facebook can be uselessly addicting :(

I turned mine off about 6 months ago and the amount of texts I got asking if I deleted people was unreal. Stick with it, I've never been so drama free.

Deleting my fb was the best decision of my life.

StalkerChick 13

Sooo I meant fight* instead of find in my previous comment. I don't even understand how my phone did that.

26 the overly attached girlfriend meets overly attached friend I see

AphyTheBronette 15

Just tell them to take a chill pill and that you love them, just not Facebook.

SenselessPattern 12

"So we're not friends then, Stan? You don't want to be friends with your father?"

I'm with 2. I deleted mine a year ago and I get random texts and calls asking why I deleted them from my Facebook. I respond by pointing it out that it took them so long haha.

twinny_sc 13

Haha that same shit happened to me. I got a call from my mom, sister, and best friend asking why I removed them as friends on Facebook. Then when I said I deleted it they were baffled. Damn social media.

Wish I could delete mine! I only log in maybe twice a month as it is, and people get batshit-pissed at me when I don't message them back right away... O_o

I'd delete mine too but stupid you need a Facebook account to play Zynga Poker :(. Fml.

The_F3rris 11

Im not alone? IM NOT ALONE! Most people think youre crazy if you dont have FB. Once you delete it you see who the real crazy people are.

You sister should get a life other than a internet one, or she should concentrate on playing Sims!

Telling someone to get a life other than the internet, over the internet. Oh, the irony...

conholio33 28

Or have both and internet life and a sim life! But then again i like playing the sims and the sims 2.....

37, I'm guessing 4 has a healthy dose of using the internet for just the right amount of time. Just as you probably do and I actually do. It's the people who think they are worthless or no one cares about them if they aren't online, getting the attention they crave. Or even the people who will sit and play video games for a half of a day and then complain they never have enough time in the day. My boyfriend was like that when we were first together but, over time, he realized how much more he can get done if he sets a time limit to gaming. And, no, I'm not a controlling girlfriend; he figured this out on his own.

Nightwing98 22

This isn't that big of a deal. Just tell her you'll still inform her of what's going on in your life and she'll inform you.

The OP maybe will be willing to call the sister, but some people just are too lazy to get off their Facebooks, Twitters, etc, and they won't even make/take a phone call. Some of my relatives are like that. My cousin doesn't talk to me except on Facebook, and ever since I deleted that I haven't heard one word from her.

You're deleting your Facebook?! How dare you do this!! Heaven forbid she picks up a phone and calls you every once and a while to see how you are.

Theyre not only deleting their account. Read it more carefully. Theyre deleting Facebook!

*the next day* All ex-Facebookers: wait a minute, a body! SOCIAL ACTIVITY!!!

Huh. So you DONT need facebook to get the daily dosage of drama in your life. Who knew?

or to know that you're going to hell because you didn't share a picture.

bybib 20

Explain it to her and try to set up a time to call and just talk. Might work. If all else fails Facebook accounts are not truly deleted, just deactivated. Just log in again to reactivate.

Oh no! It's not like she can call you or meet up with you!

Exactly! Nobody had friends before social media! It was a world of darkness, and despair! Gotta love some people's logic, eh, SK?

Actually, it's a really god way to connect with people, because my real father lives in Quebec and has a REALLY HEAVEY French accent, so I can't understand him on the phone and it's too far away to visit......

metaphoristic 8

Yeah it's a good way to connect in situations like yours, but in short-distance (?) relationships you can communicate more efficiently without the need for Facebook

Bliss391 7

Tell her facebook is not your only means of communication, you still have a phone which she can contact you on whenever she wants.