By Fabio - 29/07/2016 00:13 - Malta - Piet?

Today, my girlfriend started insulting me on Facebook. Angry and hurt, I let it all out and insulted her back with her obesity. Turns out it was her brother who used her account to play a "prank" on me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 983
You deserved it 19 994

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ShortieRose 30

Why wouldn't you start off with a call to said girlfriend and say " hey babe, what's up with the public insults?" instead of ripping into her?!?! She's likely going to be pissed at you... if not possibly break up with you!!!!

If you had a problem with your girlfriend's obesity in the first place, then you should have never began dating her if you knew you would never be fully satisfied with a bigger woman. Why go out and become a bully, forever having her wonder if you think she is fat or not for the rest of this relationship?

Comments

this is the first time why it made sense so many people said "you deserve it"

My god. I know how unsicure everyone is. I can only imagine the embarassment and shame she is feeling. shame on you for reacting like that and hurting someone you care about with such a low blow! If you even care about her in the first place which I'm inclined to believe you don't.

YDI. Instead of reaching out to her to find out what was going on, especially if it was out of character for her, you publicly humiliated her. As someone who used to be obese and struggled with self image and self acceptance you belittled someone you care for in retaliation. I hope she dumps you since you showed your true colors

You deserved it big time. Ok, you could have called her and asked her and instead you insulted her weight. That's something you NEVER do to your girl! I wouldn't blame her if she dumped your ungrateful ass

What a dumbass. Sorry but if your girlfriend dumps you, you 100% deserve it. You NEVER bring up something someone is sensitive about in a fight. And especially something as stupid as a Facebook argument. You clearly don't even know your girlfriend to know when it's actually her talking. I can always tell if someone else is using my boyfriends phone or something. Think of this as a life lesson. Learn from your mistakes.

That was immature. You should have just asked her about it. I understand it was "Just in the Heat of the Moment", but you really need to take time to think about your actions too. YDI

Pretty sure if the genders switched roles everyone would side with the girl regardless ...sorry OP but I don't see anything wrong with you ripping back even if it wasn't her because despite what you said to "her" you were insulted too I don't know why people are saying you deserve it

So, because her brother was an immature twat and used her name and insulted him, she deserved the public humiliation and insults from him? Wow. You're a special kind of jackass.

Firstly, people would react in exactly the same way. Don't try to make this about gender when it is completely irrelevant. Secondly, what he did was wrong because he so quickly insulted her without bothering to wonder if it was actually her (of course if someone says something weird on social media it might be someone else). Also even if it had been her, he immediately stooped to her level which makes him no better.

You are a moron! YDI! As its already been said, before going off at anyone on social media, speak to them directly. This would have been a silly thing if you had done.