By Fabio - 29/07/2016 00:13 - Malta - Piet?

Today, my girlfriend started insulting me on Facebook. Angry and hurt, I let it all out and insulted her back with her obesity. Turns out it was her brother who used her account to play a "prank" on me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 983
You deserved it 19 994

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ShortieRose 30

Why wouldn't you start off with a call to said girlfriend and say " hey babe, what's up with the public insults?" instead of ripping into her?!?! She's likely going to be pissed at you... if not possibly break up with you!!!!

If you had a problem with your girlfriend's obesity in the first place, then you should have never began dating her if you knew you would never be fully satisfied with a bigger woman. Why go out and become a bully, forever having her wonder if you think she is fat or not for the rest of this relationship?

Comments

This will be downvoted, but as shitty as the situation is this could be the nail that gets her to realise that she needs to put in an effort to be healthy. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

mermaidgirle 12

If she's gotta change herself to please him, he can go piss up a rope. She'll never be happy with herself then.

Not to please him, but to get a wake up call on being obese. Ngl, I'm one of those people who doesn't really get the "obese isn't unhealthy/ugly" thing, and I never will be. Call me close minded, but I don't really mind.

Even if you do understand the whole "obese isn't necessarily unhealthy" thing, you clearly don't understand the whole "not being picked on and insulted by someone you love" thing. Do you understand how damaging it can be to have your significant other, someone you thought loved you, make personal insults about your weight? Obviously not.

the thing is I was considered obese by the medical standards. in all actuality I was 10lbs heavier than what is considered acceptable for my height and age. so she could be considered obese, but in all actuality be a few pounds over what a chart says she should be at. but at the end of the day, if you say you love someone, taking a cheap shot is unexcusable

How do you know she needs a "wake up call"? The post only said shes obese, not if she's trying to do something about it or not.

And it's a shitty "wake up call". Most people get worse if you attack them or make fun of them. Getting healthy can be hard and you need support. Being horrible to a person is more likely to hurt the process.

TMO2142 25

Well. Youre fooked. good luck explaining that to her dad.

mermaidgirle 12

YDI. You could've called or texted her to find out what was going on, instead you reacted childishly.

Even if it were really her, arguing with her on Facebook is a complete waste of time, and she wouldn't even be worth arguing with.

Really, op? YDI for sure. At least she knows how you really feel now and I hope she moves on.

writergirl1029 17

You're clearly not ready for a relationship if that's how you react at the first sign of trouble. I hope she dumped you.

Honestly you did not deserve it at all. You could've handled the situation better but the whole thing was her brother's fault, and if it had been her you would've had a right to retaliate.

Punkpoptart1119 20

I don't care if its your girlfriend or not, you should never under any circumstance insult a girls weight. I wouldn't be surprised if you were single now. YDI.

This is what happens when you believe everything you see on Facebook