By 404: Sanity Not Found - 27/01/2016 15:35 - United Kingdom

Spicy
Today, my girlfriend made a patronising post on Facebook, "to all you guys out there" saying how having sex with a drunk person is straight-up, 100% rape. I pointed out that she's had sex with me several times after I've come home drunk. That pissed her off. Now I'm single. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 317
You deserved it 5 136

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tarlax 11

Oh yeah, that's what we call "pulling a Schumer". You'll be happier in the long run without that kind of craziness in your life.

I kinda like it when hypocrisy slaps people in the face like that.

Comments

I had to make an account just to comment on this. Here's the thing. I agree with your girlfriend that sex while one person is drunk and the other is sober is rape, especially if the sober person intentionally got the other person drunk so they'd agree to sex. I also agree, that that means she is NOT exempt from this rule, she raped you. But I do think there can be ways between couples so that it is not rape. I made an agreement with my boyfriend that I do not want to do anything new while I am drunk, so he knows what I have consented to while sober on behalf of my drunk self. There was a woman on imgur who said that her boyfriend "only agreed" to anal while he was drunk. In my opinion that is clearly rape, as she admitted that he would not agree to it while sober and so she waits until he is drunk to ask.

rldostie 19

Great point. Using alcohol to get anyone to say yes to something sexual is obviously rape. This doesn't matter if the victim is female or male.

it's called feminism because it's the feminine traits that are shamed.

rldostie 19

Well, she's right--to a degree. Not all drunk sex is non-consensual, but not all drunk sex is (or can be) consensual. Sex between two partners who regularly engage in sex is probably not an issue. But if you have sex with someone (female OR male) who is too drunk to understand what is going on, who they're with, or where they are, that's pretty obviously rape. An easy test--if you have to undress them and do sex TO them (as in you're doing most of the work because the other person can't coordinate themselves), they can hardly form a sentence and/or can't stand/sit on their own, then yeah, it's probably rape--especially if you never had sex with the person before. I mean, if you've never had sex with the person before, why would you pick a time when they're extremely drunk to be your first time--unless that's the only time you can get them to say "yes," which is then obviously rape. Again--this goes for both women AND men. Anyone can be a rapist, especially when alcohol is involved. Too often people assume a man can't or won't say no, there as assuming he can't be raped. But he can be.

I can relate, in a way... calling a girlfriend out on her BS, no matter how hypocritical she's being, is pointless because they'll never see why they're wrong

In the state of oklahoma, if you the male were drunk, you could still rape her. Stupid huh?

CupidStunts 12

I am not sure about most anything.