By 404: Sanity Not Found - 27/01/2016 15:35 - United Kingdom

Spicy
Today, my girlfriend made a patronising post on Facebook, "to all you guys out there" saying how having sex with a drunk person is straight-up, 100% rape. I pointed out that she's had sex with me several times after I've come home drunk. That pissed her off. Now I'm single. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 317
You deserved it 5 136

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tarlax 11

Oh yeah, that's what we call "pulling a Schumer". You'll be happier in the long run without that kind of craziness in your life.

I kinda like it when hypocrisy slaps people in the face like that.

Comments

zeffra13 31

Legally a drunk person cannot give consent so having sex with a drunk person is considered rape. However, if it's your significant other or a previous partner, this is not an accurate method as the drunk person could likely be fine with it regardless (as I'm sure OP was when that happened). I doubt it would hold up in any court. Therefore I think OP's gf meant drunk sex with someone you've never slept with before. Not to say she should've broken up with you over that, but you both could have been clearer and more understanding.

A previous consensual sexual relationship does not mean you don't need consent every time. I could have sex with you every day for a year and then one day say no. If you were to then have sex with me while drunk on that day, it would be rape. Contrary to popular belief saying yes to sex with a partner once isn't a blanket consent. Consent is sexy yall

Modern day feminists... oh my. Needless to say, they have one rule for themselves, another for everyone else and call it equality. As to the the OP, I admire you speaking up, albeit in not a particular smooth way.

If you know the person isn't able to make logical decisions, without communication while sober it's fine to have sex with them while drunk, I'd consider it rape. If both are too drunk to make logical decisions, neither could really consent so there's not really much you can do. Just like sex with a sleeping person, unless prior consent that in that situation it's fine, it's rape.

leogachi 15
tarlax 11

@65 Technically, that's not the point of the FML.

FalloutScrolls 25

Aren't double standards awesome!?

Sounds like you could do so much better.

Well, your girlfriend is a rapist, are you truly surprised by her reaction?

Mcstud1y 30

At least you have common sense

This is one of those "technically right, but you're missing the point" times, it seems. Sure, she said "100%", and she meant it. But the idea behind it is that people shouldn't be taking advantage of drunk people. Between two people in a serious relationship - especially to the point of living together - there is often an understanding that it's acceptable. Hell, sometimes couples even discuss this. So yes, you were technically right, but sometimes being technically right will get you in to trouble because you're missing a greater point.

I'd vote your life sucks but it seems it just got better. I voted you deserved it, because you can do better