By 404: Sanity Not Found - 27/01/2016 15:35 - United Kingdom

Spicy
Today, my girlfriend made a patronising post on Facebook, "to all you guys out there" saying how having sex with a drunk person is straight-up, 100% rape. I pointed out that she's had sex with me several times after I've come home drunk. That pissed her off. Now I'm single. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 317
You deserved it 5 136

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tarlax 11

Oh yeah, that's what we call "pulling a Schumer". You'll be happier in the long run without that kind of craziness in your life.

I kinda like it when hypocrisy slaps people in the face like that.

Comments

You don't want to date a hypocrite! I'm glad you got out of that relationship! It saved you from years you would regret.

to all the comments say if there drunk it's rape, it's not. it's only rape if A. it's forced and they do not want to have sex and B. if there so ******* out of it they don't know what's happening. regretful sex is not rape.

It is rape if there is not consent. A drunk person cannot give consent. Therefore, it is rape. There is no requirement for force or 'wanting', consent and the ability to give it are what matters.

leogachi 15

@94 I think it's complete bullshit. If you choose to alter your state of mind and then choose to have sex with someone who didn't choose to alter their state of mind, it's not rape. Unless, of course, you forced that sober person to have sex with you.

rldostie 19

Just because someone consented to drinking does NOT mean they consented to sex. That's like saying that a person who chooses to drink also chooses to be mugged and murdered on their walk home from the bar. An extremely drunk person (where talking about more than just a few drinks) is not capable of consent because she OR HE may not be aware of what is happening. And using someone's inability to understand what is going on to have sex is predatorial and rape.

Double standards. You're better off without that psycho, OP.

Bruh, be glad she did. It shows that you were right and all she did was prove your point that she was being a hypocrite

Based on her correct logic, she could go to jail for rape. People like her hate when their own logic turns on them.

She's actually right though. However, consent is on a spectrum from written to implied. I personally have talked to my boyfriend and have establish when sober that I'm okay with drunk sex if I want it in the moment since I'm on birth control. If you know each other well enough you might know those boundaries, but with strangers you can't get their consent unless their sober or not impaired (like one drink generally won't impair someone).

Good riddance! Hooray for sexist double standards.