By 404: Sanity Not Found - 27/01/2016 15:35 - United Kingdom

Spicy
Today, my girlfriend made a patronising post on Facebook, "to all you guys out there" saying how having sex with a drunk person is straight-up, 100% rape. I pointed out that she's had sex with me several times after I've come home drunk. That pissed her off. Now I'm single. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 317
You deserved it 5 136

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tarlax 11

Oh yeah, that's what we call "pulling a Schumer". You'll be happier in the long run without that kind of craziness in your life.

I kinda like it when hypocrisy slaps people in the face like that.

Comments

she's the type of chick that can talk to other people but gets mad when their partner does

One of the strangest sexual experiences of my life, and one that I've given a lot of thought to in the meantime, was a girl I was sort of seeing. She looked me in the eye and said, 'Zebediabolical (ok, so it was my real name), I won't have sex with you. But I will help you drug me.' Not 'let you drug me', but 'help you drug me'. I supplied the cash, she had the connection. We had a great time together. Now, to people that weren't there and only heard the parts about drugs and sex, that would be rape. But as a reasonable and intelligent adult, I read between the lines. She took active steps to help me drug her, knowing full well that there would likely be sex. I later came to the conclusion that it was her upbringing. Good girls don't enjoy sex. But if she was drugged, she could tell herself 'it wasn't my fault. It was the drugs'. And enjoy sex. If a charge came out of this, 12 strangers who werne't there would probably find me guilty. But I stand by the fact that she gave her willing consent.

Wait. You are admitting to knowingly taking advantage of an emotionally compromised person, in order to put them into a compromised mental state, in order to have sex with them after they bluntly declared their desire to not have sex with you? And you're further saying that your knowingly taking advantage of her compromised emotional state isn't rape, despite the fact that you admit that legally and socially, it would be considered rape? ...Your logic gives me a headache.

The words matter less than the affirmitive acts to help the situation move forward towards a goal. It takes me two drink to forget that I can't dance and then suddenly I can and have a great time. Why would I assume that this isn't the case here. Especially with her making MULTIPLE affirmative acts.

I'm not sure I'd find you guilty of rape. But I would find you guilty of being a ********. Surely there are plenty of girls out there willing to declare their wish to have sex with you but you decided to shag someone who wasn't sufficiently enthusiastic about it to actually say yes? Was it worth it?

idk sounds to me like she wanted to get ****** up and had you pay for it then banged you

I'll readily admit to being a very broken human being at the time. I'll readily admit that it looks very bad from the outside. But ********? Nope. I showed you a small slice of a much larger pie. She tried to do something special for me. She tried to give me what she thought I wanted. She was willing to make herself naked for me. Nude is sexy. Naked is vulnerable. Naked is a gift. I can't really get any deeper into it than that without violating confidences.

I gathered from your description that her saying she didn't want to have sex came from some deep-seated issues about sex and her body. She could've sorted that out in time without random men taking her up on the opportunity to not not **** her, which led me to think any person exploiting those issues to get laid would be a tiny bit of a ********. But hey, maybe she got over those insecurities by way of shagging, and everyone has their ******** moments.

If I was a random guy, I'd readily admit I was a ********.

leogachi 15

@63 It sounds to me like she wanted to have sex, but she didn't want to say that she wanted to have sex.

rldostie 19

Yeeeah...dude, this is rape. She SAID, while sober and in control of her mind and body, that she would NOT have sex with you. She did consent to doing drugs. But doing drugs is not sex. You totally disregarded what she said while sober and used her vulnerable state while under drugs to have sex with her. It doesn't matter what you THINK she wanted--she had said no. Now afterwards, maybe she was ok with it. But if she wasn't, she can charge you with rape AND win in court. You're seriously scary, dude. I hope I never bump into you at a bar.

some people really don't like to be proved wrong. good riddance to her!

Now she shouldn ´t post personal stuff about you on FB, you shouldn ´t talk publicly about your (both) sex life on FB, she shouldn ´t have sex with a drunk person (according to her own logic) and you shouldn ´t come home drunk.. It´s 50/50

Why exactly shouldn't he come home drunk?

ChiefKoala 30

It's just as much rape when it happens to a guy as when it happens to a girl. Respect and rights are a two way street. Guys get raped just like girls do, and guys have rights that need to be respected just as much as girls do. OP, like many others have probably already said, you dodged a bullet. If she can't accept what you said then she obviously doesn't need you. You'll find that someone eventually. Even though we women do, which is sad, we can't just go around claiming this is rape and that is rape but if and when it happens to a guy it's magically not. That's horse crap. If it's rape, then it's rape. Doesn't matter what gender it is.

So she said something you disagreed with on the internet and your first response was to 'win' by humiliating her, instead of asking what had led her to post such a thing. Maybe she was upset by a situation that was less clear cut and talking calmly would have helped her express it better. Grow up.

Humiliating a hypocritical idiot? How dare he!

If he thought his girlfriend was such a hypocritical idiot what was he doing dating her? I know he bought up a valid point but from her reaction I'd assume his tone was less 'hey, have you thought this through?' and more a humourless 'your stupid opinion doesn't matter', which is not usually how you treat someone you love and respect, unless you're rather immature.

It sounds like OP just posted a blunt comment on a dumb status, but you know the saying - if stupid people post stupid things, they're going to get a stupid answer.

I don't think your life sucks or that you deserve it. I think your life just got a whole lot easier with her not being in it