By sarahmaxine - 09/05/2015 04:10 - United States - Las Vegas

Today, my girlfriend came over to meet my parents. Everything was going fine until she said she owned a dog. My mom then immediately attempted to check her scalp for lice. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 569
You deserved it 2 108

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sammiking 13
TweetAnne 13

Could of sworn dogs got fleas and not lice.

Comments

Quiet_one 22

People are so stupid about dogs sometimes. People who have probably never seen a well cared for dog in their lives. I once had a landlady (that I did not end up renting from) tell me dogs were allowed as long as I paid to have the house professionally treated for fleas before I moved out. I tried to explain that I use a flea prevention product on the dog year-round so that wouldn't be necessary (and offered to provide proof), and she just couldn't comprehend it. As in, she'd never heard of such a thing and didn't understand the concept. If that's not dumb enough, she didn't apply the same policy to cats. I guess in her world cats can't get fleas?

Did your mother also checked for dog hair on her clothes?

Sorry but your mother is an idiot. The type of lice that live on dogs do not thrive on humans.

Actually, animals can't pass down head lice. Head lice only attach to human scalps. So yes, you're mom is a little on the "unique" side. :)

Alright so here's some follow up. The day after, and the day after that my gf (well, ex, and no not because of that; it just did not work out) left and did not talk to me and I did tell my mom about the misunderstanding she had. So then my ex was fine with entering my abode in the presence of my mom. Now we are broken up, but at least we didn't break up because of a petty misunderstanding like this one.