By helpme - 03/05/2017 02:00

Today, my gay best friend slept over, as he has many times during the past three years of our friendship. This time, however, he confessed to me that he's only pretended to be gay to get closer to me because he's in love with me. I've allowed my stalker to sleep in my house and in my bed for three years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 502
You deserved it 1 515

Same thing different taste

Top comments

1. Gay or not, why was he in your bed? 2. That's some strange restraint if he's in love with you and you two have been in bed with each other for years and never tried anything.

Did he pretend to be gay or maybe he has realized he is bisexual? If he pretended to be gay to everyone for you there is a serious problem. Overall the lie is weird,I think most straight guys wouldn't want the person they like to think they are gay.

Comments

1. Gay or not, why was he in your bed? 2. That's some strange restraint if he's in love with you and you two have been in bed with each other for years and never tried anything.

You've never shared a bed with your friends? Used to all the time in high school....

I don't see the problem. A friend is like a sibling.

Maybe this is a cultural thing? I heard it's not common in the US to have sleep overs at all. In most parts of Europe no one cares. I've slept in the same bed with friends multiple times, same sex and opposite. Even cuddled *gasp*.

I've shared a bed with my friends before when either I or they stay over, both male and female. If you're comfortable with each other then sleeping side by side isn't that strange.

No, I never let a friend sleep in my bed. The thought never even crossed my mind.

Never shared a bed with a sibling either. That strikes me as even more weird.

If your close enough to a guy or girl friend wise, I don't see the problem I mean unless you are in a relationship

I don't want to be the one to say it but.....things happen.....when you're.....not entirely....awake....note I am the face of negative thoughts.....but it's not uncommon......

Eh it's not that weird for a girl to sleep in the same bed as a gay best friend. It's not much different then sharing a bed with her girl bff. What strikes me as if it's how he played off as gay for so long unless he's actually bisexual. That's hard to fake for that long.

Emma Marshall 19

..... because she thought he was her GAY best friend. Who cares if he was in her bed?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Because her friend isn't a stalker. She invited him into her house and bed. That's on her.

Don't know. This might be overreacting but also might be accurate. We have no way to know. I hope the OP knows and potects herself if needed.

I have to say even though he's gay I find it odd that you would let him sleep in your bed, with or without you

why? me and my best friend slept in the same bed a few times and he's not gay. we're just friends. it is possible to want nothing from someone.

Did he pretend to be gay or maybe he has realized he is bisexual? If he pretended to be gay to everyone for you there is a serious problem. Overall the lie is weird,I think most straight guys wouldn't want the person they like to think they are gay.

Somebody needs to learn that pulling this sort of crap only works in movies and that this will only make their friendship fall apart, not blossom into something else.

So if he pretended to be gay then that means that he is not actually gay.. ryt. Now, even though I see the icon showing you to be male, this is probably untrue, since, if you were indeed a man, he would have to be gay to fall in love with you. But since he is probably straight, you must be a woman. Now tell me exactly why he was sleeping on your bed again?

Tsumetai_ 11

the icon may show up male but i've noticed on alot of stories the icons don't match, it's a bug. i've seen on other stories where the OP comments that they clicked on the right icon only to have it show up the opposite on their fml's.

A lot of people sleep in the same bed as their friends, even opposite gender friends. Some people are more okay with it if the friend is gay because they wouldn't be attracted to them. It really depends on the people involved and their relationship. Sleeping in the same bed isn't automatically a sex or romance thing. It's pretty common. The bigger issue is how disturbing it is that someone would lie like that just to get close to someone.

FINALLY someone who gets it. I really don't understand what's so hard to understand about why letting a friend sleep in your bed is not weird.

Why were you letting a guy sleep in your bed gay or not gay?!!