By Anonymous - 09/12/2012 20:03 - New Zealand - Auckland

Today, my doctor finally prescribed me some medication for my arthritis. The cap was insanely well-secured, and my hands were too racked with pain to get it off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 505
You deserved it 1 864

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Might I suggest a hammer? OR you could get a child to open it. Those little ******* seem to be the only ones capable of opening those damn child safety caps.

Comments

Either get someone to open it for you or use a tool to get it off.

perdix 29

I can see the fml now where they lose a few teeth due to poor dental hygiene cause by arthritis causing then to not be anle to brush properly and then they go to the dentist and get more meds they cant open.

winkydog4056 16

Winky will be thumbed down here, but whatever. You can request anti-child resistant Rx bottles from your pharmacist. As always, Nurse Winky says if you DO have children/pets, keep these bottles in a safe location. Perhaps a neighbor or another household member can help in the meantime.

CharresBarkrey 15

Why would you think you'd get thumbed down for that? It's a really good, helpful suggestion. I personally didn't know you could request different bottles.

winkydog4056 16

#48_Thank you. I figure since my comment is 'serious' that it would be thumbed down. I do suggest to my patients who have pain issues to request the 'easy open' bottles from the pharmacy & have it in their record for future fills, as long as the

Kallian_fml 21

As long as the what? Winky? Oh god, the aliens got him!

winkydog4056 16

#75_Phew, Winky was rescued from the aliens! ...As long as the patient is careful to keep meds from children & pets'.

That's like having a cigarette with no lighter. Only worse

upsidedownn 8

I'm sorry, OP. Was it a cream medication? If so, I've had trouble opening these before and simply took a pair of scissors, clamped them around the cap, and turned the tube one way whilst turning the scissors the other. Odd, yeah..but it worked for me. If it was medicine bottle, next time have someone open it and then turn the cap upside down and stick it on the bottle. The caps were made to be used both ways.

upsidedownn 8

On certain medicine bottles**

okay, I take medication everyday and I have no ******* clue what you are getting this other way to have the cap on is coming from. do you have bottles that you do this with, or would it even help OP's problem. actually, just be more ******* clear on what you are trying to say. all I got was turn the cap upsire down and that leads to an upside down cap sitting on top of an open bottle of medication with nothing holding the contents in.

prescription bottle caps can be turned upside down to make them easier to open. this is standard not made up.

well it isnt srandard obviously dipshit. I take medication everyday so I quite obviously have the pill cases. I over reacted in my last post a little as I didnt notice the on certain med bottles addition, but I went an d tried this when I saw it and it didnt work. I got what I described. so take your knowit all shit else where, because that isnt "standard" you dumbass

At any rate, there's no reason to be a prick about it.

I have quite a few prescription medicines but u can't turn the cap upside down on any of them or it would be the same as putting a piece of paper on top of it to hold the pills in: useless.

There are certain medicine bottles that have the child lock on one side of the cap, then in the other you have the normal easy open screw top.

#56. Depending on the pharmacy in which you get your medicine, the bottles come with a screwable side and a child proof side. You screw the cap on and off. Most pharmacies have this option as a lot of elderly patients have trouble opening the bottles.

naughtylez82 4

Ouch I'm sorry op. maybe ask a neighbor for help?

I feel for you OP. I have carpal tunnel, so I know that the pain is excruciating.Try to get someone else to open it for you, and then put the pills in a weekly pill case.

Rachaelc23 8

Ask your pharmacy for the form to request easy open caps on your medicine.

Obey_StudBoii 23

Time to hand it over to someone else to open it up for you. Not a big issue

CharresBarkrey 15
Obey_StudBoii 23

Easier said then done. That's what next door neighbors are for. Maybe you should get to know yours??