By Anonymous - 01/07/2011 22:02 - United States

Today, my dad spent a full half hour trying to convince me that Judaism is a race. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 847
You deserved it 6 522

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Elenachka 0

a lot of people seem to think that

Can't Judaism be a religion and a race? **** me if I'm wrong.

Comments

b00z3nw33d 0

even being a jew isn't a race it's an ethnicity.

Hello to all my fellow Hebrews and Shebrews! hahahaha

It is a race . So Ydi for trying to look smart and failing . (Waits for numerous thumb's down)

what an idiot.... I'm siding with you. fyl.

Well atcually Judiasim took it's name from the tribes of Judea or the area. After the people were kicked out of there try we called themselves Jews. a people without a country. Then in 1946 Isreal. Now before people decieded to point out minor faults I major in Westren History. please look at the map and see where Isreal is and facepalm yourself for bickering over little faults.

man_in_black08 28

small question tho, why wud israel be considered western history, shudnt it be middle eastern?

men In black I meant I knew basic facts about Middle East not alot but enough I learned In college.

man_in_black08 28

jews were named after the followers of Judah, who were from a place called Judea.. now u all decide whether or not its a race, religion or both

Sorry. for some reason it didn't put the equal thing right, I was trying to say they aren't the same.

that makes sense reading those books I Always wondered why Juda? what about gods real name Jehova? what does that mean?

Miss33_fml 15

If racial classes are based on what area you're from, can someone show me where Caucasia is? Cause I'd love to back and discover my roots.

how else do we define racial blood? from the area country your from. If your Italian that means your ancestors came from Italy. Not some part of South America. if your born in North America doe that make you north American? idiot

Miss33_fml 15

I'm Australian because I was born there, but my Ancestry is German and English. but none of those things define 'race', they define ethnicity, which is completely different. Racially, I'm Caucasian.

The word "Caucasian" comes from the Caucasus Mountains near the Caspian Sea. I guess this is supposed to be where white people came from.

Actually, there is a region in northern Europe/Asia (I'm pretty sure...) that is sometimes referred to as Caucasia.

The Caucasian race come from the Caucus mountains in the south of Russia. Look it up.

Miss33_fml 15

thanks 103, 104 and 105. I'll have to visit it one day!

what??????? I didn't get any of that. well cacausia is a term for an area. Now since white people are called cacuasian that's why u said look for this area. The Jews lived in a place they called Judea. they were kicked out so they kept the name Jew and Judiasim. the name of the area. it's like we lived in area caleed Chritos. the religion is christiany. and the people are called Christians. and I don't feel like typing more I think u get the point. if you don't go read a book.

WackedOutWebb 0

umm, jews are a race. thats why you can be jewish by race and wiccian by faith. its in most history books

it's both. but what is wicciwn belief in magic? Isn't that science? just wondering no one hate now.

JoeyPterodactyl 0

What could he have possibly said after the first minute?

u guys r all retarded. Judaism is a religion, ethnicity, and race. I say "I'm not white I'm Jewish" all the time cuz I'm Jewish, not white. I'm also Jewish as. religion. and my parents and everyone else in my family r Jewish so judaism I my ethnicity too.

minax your more less an Arabic. due to the area Jews did and do live in. so you classify as a middle eastrean. but there might be some European blood in after the Jews left judea. Just saying.

Miss33_fml 15

but you can be Jewish by race but not follow Judaism, and vice versa. If a white person decided to follow Judaism, that doesn't change what race they belong to - they'd still be Caucasian!