By duhasiangirl - 15/11/2012 00:48 - Canada - Cambridge

Today, my dad put an onion in my room, telling me spirits won't haunt me and that I won't get sick. He thinks a vegetable will protect me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 307
You deserved it 2 743

Same thing different taste

Top comments

secretsymbiote21 5

onions make them cry. your dad is a smart man.

Well, if you were a spirit, would you like to haunt a smelly room? I think not.

Comments

fuckisright 5

If something or someone comes in your room start cutting it up or you could just throw it at their face.

needsagf14 12

It'll keep the vampires away. This way you don't have to suffer and watch twilight

lilicoco_fml 5

#111, you're thinking of garlic.......

As far as I know: when you're having a cold, an onion next to your bed will make you breath more easily and therefor make you sleep better, which might result in resolving your cold faster.

amusedslovenia 5

I don't know about onions filtering the air, but I certainly know they are a natural antibiotic. If I feel a sore throat coming on, I mix honey and ground onion (or I just use the juice) and slowly eat that. In about half a hour my throat is fine and the effect is lasting. I've also put fresh onion slices, wrapped in a handkerchief, on my baby's infected ear and covered it with a piece of plastic foil and a cap, and it also helped. Same goes for onion slices on the chest in case of respiratory infections....

actually u do sound dumb right now. onions absorb flu virus particles from the air.

duhhh a vegetable is gonna save your ass from ghosts. this is the 21st century...******* dumbass

An onion will prevent you from getting sick, that much is true. Peel it, cut it in half and leave the two halves out to the air. I don't know whyhow it works, or the science of it, but I know for a fact that you will not get sick nearly as often. Somehow the onion must absorb the viruses and bacteria that float around.

Onions are supposed to catch flu viruses so you won't get sick