By exiledliscense - 09/11/2011 19:18 - United States

Today, my dad made me quit my online school classes and go back to public school, because apparently when I'm on the computer, it makes his video games lag. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 122
You deserved it 5 876

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You can't play games with lag you have to understand his complaint.

kbobcat 0

Well you can't blame him, modern warfare 3 just came out.

Comments

MW3 and Battlefield 3 just came out. You have to understand him. JK. What an asshole. Education > video games.

natashax21 5

**your future< the fact that your dad pays electric bill

Your dad paying the bills < you taking care of his sorry ass when he's and old geezer and can't do it himself.

BeSt DaD EvEr? Nah.. WoRsT DaD EvEr? **** yeah!!!

UneSSeSSaRy CaPiTaLiZaTioN? Why U NO spell right?

yourlifeisbetter_fml 0

Maybe your dad should get a job and quit playing video games all day.

Where does it say he doesn't have a job? For all you know he could work the night shift, which is why he could possibly find time to play during the day.

saIty 17

Or he could be a video game tester. If his games lag how would be bring home the moola?

yourlifeisbetter_fml 0

That's true. He also could be a game tester, and there are many things I overlooked before I said that. But he should be more concerned with his child's education. There's obviously a reason OP didn't want to go to public school, and the father should respect that more than how many N00bz he can kill on MW3. Sorry I was a bit rash with my comment.

That being said, there is a possibility that you are in fact right, and my apologies for jumping your comment like that.

yourlifeisbetter_fml 0

No problem. When I have a crappy comment I need someone to call me on it.

Sounds like my husband would probably get mad over the same thing.

you shoud have told him how educational video games could be, an see if he, and his xbox could be your new educational system.. education = video games

I've never understood online schools. I like regular school because I have all my friends. One of my classmates was home schooled all her life and she is a socially deprived weirdo.

#25 Gee, that's extremely nice. :/ Some people just aren't naturally good at being social.

FYLDeep 25

I'd argue that home schooling increases the odds. Besides, it's easier to get a job by being a people person than by being a smart person.

#36 But some people just aren't a "people person" even if they went to public school. I went to public school, and I've never been a social butterfly...And never will be. And yes, I have experienced how hard it is to get a job because of the fact that I'm not outgoing.

FYLDeep 25

Every employer seems to use behavioral based interviewing now. It's like they don't even care what skills you have. They just want to hire someone that thinks the same way they do. I really don't like the way the system is now. I think it's harmful to discourage dissent.

smiley1014 23

I have to agree, I think your odds of being socially awkward increase as the number of home school increase.

I'm guessing you haven't gotten to know that person. It's people like you that cause people to be "socially deprived" because you're too stuck up to talk to them.

smiley1014 23

Actually no, it's them never talking to more than 4 people in their lives, learning to adapt to groups, or learning how to make friends that is the problem. I don't have a problem talking to anyone or any social group. But then again from your response I can guess your mommy taught you everything you know.

Hmmm actually my mommy raised me not to be an asshole and not to judge people.

#102 I have social anxiety and it has nothing to do with lack of exposure to people.

Smiley1014 - That is a common misconception about home schooled kids. There is no evidence that they are any more socially stunted than traditionally-schooled kids. Do some research before you make sweeping irrational generalisations.

smiley1014 23

Well Docbastard, I'm sure you rely on the "I'm a doctor so I know everything", but I have actually known a lot of home schooled children. Have you actually done any research yourself or are you just blowing sunshine? I'm guessing the latter. There is evidence both ways as to lack of social interaction. Yes this generation is better, but the last few were taught by mostly religious outcasts that caused them, themselves.

smiley1014 23

Well you know.. Wait, you can talk big on the Internet. Go to bed you have middle school tomorrow. Let an adult handle your conversations for you.

Gee Smiley1014, I guess you ascribe to the "Every doctor is a know-it-all ass, so I'm going to be an ass myself and make a stupid assumption" school of thought. I never claim anything as fact without backing it up. The fact here is that I looked into home schooling for my children, and I found that home-schooled students do better on standardized tests and their social skills are at least as good as (if not better than) traditionally-schooled children. My wife and I just don't have the time. I'm not claiming to always be right or to know everything, but go do a simple search on the subject and see just how wrong you are. Then go **** yourself.

BlackBelt4Me 7

Smiley1014, just because someone was home schooled does not automatically make them socially awkward. Yes, some are that way, but to lump every home schooler into that category is extremely unfair. I was homeschooled and still managed to socialize. I played sports for years. One of which was soccer. I had no problems working and socializing with girls my own age. Now that I'm in college, I am one of the first to join in on class discussions and have no problem talking to anyone and everyone. Also, "it's them never talking to more than 4 people in their lives"....do you think we're locked in our basements 24/7 or something?

smiley1014 23

Wow, first black, hey exception meet the rule. Secondly, dickbastard, I mean doc, you aren't the know it all. You are just the asshole. How about you read the other side of the argument instead of only what you want. I'm glad you aren't my doc, besides your pic which seems to violate doctor patients rights slightly.

^ you're a moron, shut the **** up, stop trolling, and nah, no violation of confidentiality there. yet again you didn't bother doing the research, making you the only uneducated asshole here.

#25, I suffer from social anxiety and I've went to public school from preschool till grade ten. I became severly depressed before grade 11 because I dreaded going back because none of my classmates would talk to me. So I started homeschooling. Dont judge someone especially when you dont know what their going through. and think before you call someone a "socially deprived weirdo".

Smiley, you're showing your true idiocy more and more with each new comment. I love how people like you resort to name-calling when your argument falls apart. It's quite hilarious. Keep it up! Do you know anything about patient privacy? Have you read the laws? I have, and I'm violating exactly ZERO of them. You know nothing about that, so shut your clueless piehole. And you better be glad I'm not your doctor, because I might do the world a favour and accidentally give you a vasectomy. Cheers!

I bet she got a better education! I've watched A documentary on American schools. They suck!

keshaforever1 14

Take the classes anyway=Problem solved

boundlesssmiles 2