By Anonymous - 21/10/2012 05:59 - United States

Today, my cat played dead just so I would leave him alone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 450
You deserved it 6 060

Same thing different taste

Top comments

#26 I'm pretty sure the restaurant Red Lobster isn't a fish either.

Comments

Wow OP...I can't say I feel your pain, but I'm trying my best to be sympathetic here. Perhaps you should get a new cat that wishes to be around you, or maybe get some tips on how to treat your cat. I'm sure it's not your fault, maybe your cat's not feeling right or in a mood. Either way, I hope you and your feline friend sort out your problems and feel content around one another once again.

metaphoristic 8

I'm just confused as to how the owner knew the cats intentions for playing dead. Maybe it was just.. touching up on it's dead-playing skills?

crazytwinsmom 25

That's just what cats do, deal with you on their terms. They are not like dogs.

amandajlucas2015 2

Obviously u haven't been around cats very much.. U are giving OP advice like his cat is his girlfriend or something.. Well maybe get a new cat that wishes to be around u.. Really lol a cat is a cat.. They are fickle animals that choose to be around u when they want to and only when 'they' want to that is not going to change just because u go trade it in on a newer model.. My advice for OP is to just deal with it and maybe ignore ur car for awhile and it will start to miss ur attention.. That's what I do with mine when it starts being a turd and she comes running back wantin to be rubbed on

Actually, I own a cat, thank you very much. Though I guess I can't entirely relate because my kitten is bursting with energy and always wants to be around people. I guess you should just do what Amanda does then, OP.

-47, Hmm. I like cats for that reason exactly. They don't always assume you want them right in your face... Breathing heavily on you.

or maybe instead of replacing the cat, you could stop being an annoying owner. its obvious the cat wanted to be left alone for ahwile.

"Here kitty kitty kitty, come get your milk!.... Kitty? Kitty? Where are you? Oh MY GOD! KITTY! NOOOOOOOO!" *hugs dead cat* " "Wait a minute you're still breathing! Why aren't you awake then? Come on wake up! WAKE UP! Ugggh screw you, stupid cat...." * leaves room* cat gets up and starts dancing. The end.

saIty 17

Still a better love story than Twilight.

Still more coherent than half of the FMLs I moderate.

It's sad when pets are more clever than their owners. OP, I'm not saying this is the case here! Not at all! I was just saying that...that...no, I can't do it. Your cat is definitely smarter than you.

Because a cat knows how to play dead it's now smarter then the owner...

Kallian_fml 21

Hmmm, perhaps this cat needs to be on Worlds Smartest Animals? Then he can challenge OP to an IQ test.

Rooney - Yes, because the cat knows how to outsmart its owner to get what it wants (or to avoid what it doesn't want). Outsmart = smarter.

Yes. But the owner is smart enough to realize this and can pester the cat non stop. Like give it baths a lot. The human can always out smarten the cat

All of this "cat smarter than owner" stuff is confusing me... I thought cats WERE the owners? They must have trained you well for you to think otherwise.

It has certainly been a while when I've seen Docbastard get thumbed down.

Yeah pretty sad that maybe OP is trying to be a cat lady and not even her cats like her.

75, Doc can post stupid comments too. Just like everyone else.

75 and 102 - It says Doc has 12, not -12 which means he has thumbs up

zingline89 18

Doc, I hate to do this, but I believe the correct phrase is "case in point"

Inheritance 10

Lobster isn't fish I hope you know that.. Some cats like flashlights too so you could also use that.

Your cat is awesome, My cat just runs away or scratches when she doesn't want attention. Seriously I want your cat.

kory_jenkins 5

My cat ran out in the street and got hit by a car so I would leave him alone....

#17 Im pretty sure He meant Red Lobster the restaurant....

doglover100 28

My dog is no fun she doesn't like to play with anyone.

If that is a pic of your pet, you don't have a dog you have a large rat.

#26 I'm pretty sure the restaurant Red Lobster isn't a fish either.