By Anonymous - 26/06/2009 14:31 - United States

Today, my brother and I were going to give our parents their anniversary gift which cost us over $3000. The gift was a trip to London in August to see a show on Michael Jackson's comeback tour. FML
I agree, your life sucks 111 314
You deserved it 10 877

Same thing different taste

Top comments

thatguy7 0

That sucks, I hope you can get your money back.

lukewarmocha 0

dang that sucks. knew somebody had to post this though...

Comments

I really hope you can get a refund. If you cannot get one for the airline/ hotel then at least you can still give your parents a trip to london. I am sure that your parents will appreciate the thought of the tickets even if they cant go to the concert. I also hope that you didn't select "will call" for the tickets as they could become very valuable some day.

fmlfmlfml15 0

This has to be the the third MJ FML i have seen today. Seriously people on here who are bitching about how the OP should stop complaining and just get a refund or just go to london. As 50 other people have already said: THE WHOLE POINT WAS TO SEE THE CONCERT!!! I DON'T THINK THEY REALLY CARED ABOUT THE FACT THAT IT WAS IN LONDON!! It was a very generous gift, and OP, f your life big time. And everyone who is saying that MJ is a pedophile, or the little children are saved: SHUT UP!!! the man is dead!! it's so immature and wrong to speak ill of him this way!! Micheal Jackson was misunderstood; he never even had a life!! If you even had the slightest freaking idea of what this guy went through, ESPECIALLY THROUGH HIS CHILDHOOD, you wouldnt even think to post those awful comments! He was a genius, a great father, and one of the greatest musicians of all time and he will never be forgotten. (BTW i find this somewhat funny how i was listening to Michael Jackson as i read this).

PRNRN 0

Just because the man is dead we don't need to glorify him. He was a molestor of little boys. You speak as though you actually knew this man. How ignorant!

hollysayso 0

Hey did you know this post is BS cause MJ postponed all dates til 2010 with the exception of the July 13th show instead of July 8th? This is documented fact, there was a press conference and everything with MJ himself explaining no shows.... so AUGUST of this year was never gunna happen, with or without MJ alive.

naja_12168 3

This clearly needs to be repeated to number 139. The man just DIED people. Show some respect for his mother at least; she has the ungodly task of having to bury her child, one of her youngest sons pretty soon. Have some class and show some respect. You don't have to like him to STILL show respect. He's gone now so there is no need for people to continue to be cruel. Also, number 139, YOU DON'T KNOW HIM EITHER!!! And just like the prosecutors you don't have proof to convict him. Don't believe everything you read and hear because people DO tell such lies for money. Michael was such an easy and vulnerable target too, so please stop speaking as if you know this man better than his family and please stop acting as if you know what you're talking about. The man is gone. Show some respect and move on for his mother at least.

Polionixon 2

I agree with you competely.

hollysayso 0

Yeah, YOUR LIFE IS F'D not the dead guys... wahhh wahhh where's the "dont care button" I'm sure you weren't flying them in for a single night for a single show... It's LONDON they'll have other things to do.

I hope you can get that refund, and put the money towards another gift your parents will enjoy. :) RIP MJ. Putting all the controversies aside, he was a talented entertainer and a legend and he'll definitely be missed.

hollysayso 0

oh wait, you were flying them in just for a single show... well... think fast, come up with another gift, or hell.... find another show. london is awesome

1# I was going to say the same thing!...good luck!...hope everything works out!...maybe next time find them a least expensive give and maybe not a person! LOL

hollysayso 0

ALSO.... HE CANCELLED THE DATES BACK IN MAY soooo like.... umm you booked plane tickets and hotel and everything for march of 2010? REALLY? FYL CAUSE YOU DIDN'T KNOW THERE WERE NO AUGUST DATES FOR 2009. http://www.voice-online.co.uk/content.php?show=15780

MJG 0

R.I.P Michael Jackson. thats sucks that your parents wont be able to see him. and to everyone else stop hating on a dead man, he was the King of Pop thats all everyone should remember none of the other stuff.

i might be misreading that article but as far as i can see it just says: The Thriller star had been set to perform 50 sold-out concerts to over one million people, at London's O2 arena, from July 13 2009 to March 6 2010. which doesn't seem to support what you are saying at all. although i don't see any reason that the op couldn't have booked a trip for march as the anniversary gift anyway.

Well, at least there's lots of other things to see in London, you can still go and enjoy the trip. Not as good, but there is a silver lining.