By Anonymous - 22/07/2009 08:11 - United States

Today, I was going to surprise my boyfriend at his family birthday celebration with a $2,000 trip he's always wanted, Ireland. Right before my gift, he had opened his mother's gift, an envelope containing a plane ticket. Guess where it was going? FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 108
You deserved it 5 060

Same thing different taste

Top comments

pommeblossom 0
steffikah 0

wow that sucks!! you should have talked to his folks about what they planned on gettin though. ive had this happen many times, it just wasnt as expensive.

Comments

steffikah 0

wow that sucks!! you should have talked to his folks about what they planned on gettin though. ive had this happen many times, it just wasnt as expensive.

kcslgvr 11

that's what i was thinking. before you bought the tickets, you should have talked to his family in order to see if you guys could coordinate presents (like someone giving euros, someone giving clothes for the trip, etc.). if you did so, you wouldn't have this problem. i hope that you can cancel the plans for the trip and get back your money. or better yet, go on the trip as well! good luck!

My father and I once bought the same type of ping pong balls for each other. We'd just gotten new kittens (5 of them, plus their mother) and they loved ping pong balls, and we loved watching them play. Of course, it wasn't as if we couldn't use both sets and they weren't very expensive.

pommeblossom 0

Exactly. Quite the opposite of an FML really

curryndricegirll 0

yeah...that was my first thought. i'm surprised neither of them got two tickets to begin with

leyalu 0

OP never said she didn't get herself a ticket.

OP Stay away from my country please- were pricks overhere actually, no point comming.

well_this_sucks 0

ya! this should be on MLIG (: now yall can go together and be so happyy

my thoughts exactly. OP said the mom's envelope only contained one ticket, at least, and there's no mention that she intended to go with him when she bought his ticket. it might kinda suck to spend $2000 on a trip you weren't planning on taking yourself, but at least now you get to spend that time with your boyfriend. :)

that's what I thought!! so, not fml! YAY!!!

Hdrhiv 5

#91- WE'RE hardly pricks like. The likes of you make a bad name for our country -__-

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
snork 0

People who like alcohol and rain. Both of these are widely available here.

Irish_mess 0

**** you. Why shouldnt people wanna come here?!

I've always wanted to see Ireland...one guy I spoke to who's from there said it sucked. When I asked why he's like "just cuz"....killjoy... OP I think you should just go with him. You paid for a ticket yourself.

really_123 0

honestly, you people are so damn arrogant. Ireland is a great place. I hate how everyone stereotypes all irish people as drunks. Most of my family lives in Ireland, and half of them are not drinkers, and I know a lot of people that are Irish and are not alcoholics. Yes, of course there are a lot of drinkers in Ireland, but what about the rest of Europe? Germany, England.

Irish_mess 0

Thank you! Im Irish and yes I do drink but Im in no way an alcoholic! I hate the stereotype as well, I can take a joke but when people actually start believing everyones the same as the stereotype it gets annoying (the reason for me seeming so angry in other comments, sorry about that :L)

manoverboard 0

Hahahahahah!!!! I've been to Ireland, it was cool, but I still lol'd at your comment

Thats what I was thinking.Ireland is a shit hole and in case your wondering...yes im from Ireland

valuemeal2 1

Yes, everyone drinks a ton in Ireland, but it also has gorgeous scenery. I lived there for a year, and I would never LIVE there again (too much ******* rain), but I would definitely visit.

Okay... no we don't all drink a tonne... it is actually mostly the tourists who drink... And the rain is the best you just have to get used to it. Better than all that gross sun stuff. And as we need to divulge this all now, I am Irish 100% and I don't drink and neither do a lot of people I know because it's just not enjoyable for everyone.

irish people like drinking so much because they have the highest tolerance level for alcohol out of anywhere in the world. so they don't become alcoholics as easily.

zebrapattern 6

bleh I don't know. the annoying accents, maybe.

When buying such a big present, discuss with other people!! Idiot.

SUSAltd 0
heavenandhell 0

Just go with him no big deal get over it

Wow people want to go to Ireland?? I live there but it seems like everyone wants to go to the US XD

well they are from the US so rather pointless them visiting their own country..... their gonna be so disappointed when they visit our country.....

ydi_bitch 0

YDI for wanting to go to Ireland !

Irish_mess 0

She doesn't wanna go to Ireland, he does.

not only is it not HER that wants to go, but your reasoning for "YDI" is dumb

ISellHerbs 0

His name is "ydi_bitch" so I think the term "obvious troll is obvious" isn't powerful enough

uhm, maybe you should have asked his parents about huge unreturnable things they might want to get him ?