By itsellie27 - 30/08/2013 14:44 - United Kingdom - London

Today, my boyfriend told me that he would leave me if I didn't seek help for my eating disorder. The eating disorder in question? Vegetarianism. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 925
You deserved it 20 632

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Grauncho 27

You roast vegetarians on a spit over an open fire? At least they'll be low fat.

Comments

Wayne913 13

I support people's right to eat grass, just so long as they don't act morally superior.

Smart man. He deserves a woman with better taste in food.

Goumbush 4

Not eating meat is a choice while eating meat is an instinct

Eating meat being an instinct is arguable. Humankind has evolved, nowadays it's a habit rather than an instinct imo.

RedPillSucks 31

Humans are omnivores, not carnivores.

I'm a vegetarian too and I hate when people can't accept that. As long as you don't try to forbid other people to eat meat, I don't see the problem your boyfriend has. Make him wake up or dump his ass!

@65 If he is threatening to leave her it is likely because her eating choice is affecting him in some way. My guess is that he is getting judgmental remarks whenever he cooks meat. I doubt seriously that he would be considering dumping her if her eating choice wasn't affecting him.

That's not what the FML says, actually. Apparently he thinks she suffers from a disorder, unless OP is distorting the truth to her advantage. What I do notice though, even though I'm not a vegetarian, is that omnivores feel that ALL vegetarians are obviously judging them, which is not true.

@87 Oh I don't feel like all vegetarians are judgmental. I simply find it unlikely that anyone would think about leaving a relationship unless something is affecting them directly. It just doesn't seem rational. Even if the boyfriend considers the OP's life choice a "disorder", why would he leave if it had no effect on him? That being said, I will grant you that perhaps I am looking for rationality where none exists.

sammyjanette 17

This is FML hardly anything is rational here. That's kind of the point.

@103 Yes I get it. It is a humor site by nature. Still, people tend to have motives for breaking up with someone. Most people wouldn't give up the benefits of a committed relationship without some reason, and the OP's diet, if it doesn't affect her boyfriend, doesn't seem like a good enough motive.

I guess we'll never really know. But my entire reasoning was based on the assumption that the OP wasn't omitting important elements like the one you were suggesting. Because if she was being "a pain in the ass" about it and subtly forcing him to stop eating meat (or even simply judging him), I don't think it would be honest to misrepresent the story the way she did in the FML.

6Black6Sheep6 1

Your a vegan does that matter? No...it's your choice...vegan is not a disorder just more like a way of life...

lolita88_fml 27

I'm not sure if he was being rude or if he's actually just really ******* stupid...

olpally 32

We didn't climb to the top of the food chain to eat carrots though. Where's the fun in that? I understand eating healthy to live longer, but I like treating my body like a roller coaster. :D stick to your veggies op, he's an ass.

"We" didn't climb to the top of anything. Most of us were born into the lap of luxury that is the modern developed world. We can afford to life as we see fit. I'm not a vegetarian or vegan or anything other than a regular omnivore, but seriously, you idiots need to get over yourselves and drop the "YDI for not being like me" canard.

olpally 32

Oh look another condescending comment to me. Jesus Christ man. :/ chill out.

olpally 32

He's right guys. We should appreciate all the hard work our ancestors put into taking us to the top like Americans appreciate the soldiers and shit.

Oh for the love of Bacon, get help if you need it.