By itsellie27 - 30/08/2013 14:44 - United Kingdom - London

Today, my boyfriend told me that he would leave me if I didn't seek help for my eating disorder. The eating disorder in question? Vegetarianism. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 924
You deserved it 20 630

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Grauncho 27

You roast vegetarians on a spit over an open fire? At least they'll be low fat.

Comments

skip_m 6

Stop harming those innocent vegetables!

I think you should consider meating other people. Don't be chicken!

Yep.. That's probably the worst eating disorder... I'm a second hand vegetarian, cow eat grass, I eat cow!

Yes, 'cause real eating disorders are SOOOOO much better!

Yeah, cuz 15 was SOOOOO serious when typing that comment.

TheDrifter 23

I rank them by intrusiveness, and no bulimic or anorexic has ever tried to convert me...

DKjazz 20

72 has probably never been in the modelling industry.

sammyjanette 17

Tell him to not let the door hit him on the way out. Good riddance. If he cannot handle your lifestyle then he is not the man for you.

The cure for vegetarianism is one taste of bacon :-)

InfiniteSecret 20

If he can't accept your choice of eating, he shouldn't be your boyfriend.

threer 30
Grauncho 27

Lot of angry vegetarians here.

24, being consistently made fun of and not being shown respect fo one's life choices get old rather fast. ;-)

Grauncho 27

37, imagine how much ridicule you would've had to endure in the ice age.

You do realize the concept of ridicule did not even exist then, right? :D

You're that old then, #46? I'm pretty sure ridicule and humiliation are inherent in humans. Maybe the word was nonexistent, but the concept wasn't.

Grauncho 27

You're right. You simply would've been kicked out of your clan and left to die for your non-meat eating ways.

Obviously some sort of ridicule would have existed then. However, it's unlikely vegetarianism would have, so it's kind of a stupid point. I'm a vegetarian as I'm fortunate enough to live in a country where living a vegetarian lifestyle is relatively easy and perfectly healthy. There isn't a need to kill for food here. Would I be one in the ice age? No, of course I wouldn't. Same as I wouldn't expect an Eskimo to be a vegetarian. It's just not a plausible option in such an environment.

Grauncho 27

You, my friend, are a sensible vegetarian. I thank you.

TheDrifter 23

The part I don't get is the why. High protein levels from a meat heavy omnivorous diet allowed the human brain to develop to its current form, far above the capacity of any other simian, in fact we became the most intelligent animals on the planet. Why mess with that system?

Sharks eat meat, and they're not smart. Just because you eat a certain way does not mean you're smarter or better than anybody else. I'm a vegetarian and I'm at the top of my class. I also run cross country and am a very healthy person. Being vegetarian in no way hurts your health or brain.

TheDrifter 23

Actually sharks are among the planet's best problem solvers, they're not stupid. Changing diets doesn't decrease the intelligence you have, it changes the way a mother's body adapts a developing fetus to environmental factors on a generation over generation basis. Anyone can be fit, it just takes work and top of your class is relative to who's in it, but I'd imagine you already knew all that, yes?

My mother was also a vegetarian while pregnant and I will be when I have children. Tell your great great grandkids to talk to mine.

He needs to except who you are , if he really loves you, he'll adapt to whatever your passionate about . I'm Sorry that your boyfriend isn't so understanding op!

I am one that kind of disagrees with being a vegetarian, as I believe we eat meat as part of our biology, but I still respect the lifestyle choice, as long as you aren't one of those vegetarians who rub it on other people's faces and talk down at us "normals" for eating meat. Anyway, little rant aside, if your boyfriend cannot respect said choices that come from your behalf, even more so to the point of considering them an illness, he needs a serious conversation, and in worst case scenario (hopefully it won't happen), get rid of him. Intolerance is just plain wrong.

Agreed. Can we all just live and let live? Some people eat meat, some people don't...who the hell cares? It's not like your choices are personally affecting others, unless you've been demanding that your boyfriend adhere to your lifestyle too. Other than that, FYL.

addioty 19

I am not a preachy one but eating meat isn't necessary. I was very underweight when I ate meat, but since converting to vegetarianism I'm still thin, but VERY healthy. The doctor said my iron levels are perfect. I only get mad at people for eating meat is when they try to put it in your face and say, "You know you want it." and such.

Ari1337 15

how can she not be a freak if she eats meat? ;)