Alexa, play "Schizophrenia" by Sonic Youth

By But is killing them really that bad? - 14/05/2023 03:00 - United States - Carson City

Today, my parents have gone from expecting nearly-impossible things to being convinced I can't do basic tasks. Apparently if you're not schizophrenic you can do things that are ridiculous, and if you're schizophrenic you can't do anything. FML
I agree, your life sucks 632
You deserved it 109

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You can do anything the voice in your head tells you. I hear it telling you to clean the leaves out my gutters and detail my car. Chop-chop, what are you waiting for?

Constant_INme 1

Get a job and Disappear she won’t bother anymore

Comments

You can do anything the voice in your head tells you. I hear it telling you to clean the leaves out my gutters and detail my car. Chop-chop, what are you waiting for?

Constant_INme 1

Get a job and Disappear she won’t bother anymore

So which do you prefer - Expectations you cannot meet or for your parents to have no expectations of you at all? … Just a rhetorical question - Neither extreme is good. It usually takes a while from a diagnosis like this until the people around you get zeroed in on the reality of the situation and understand what to expect… My grandmother suffered from schizophrenia. Long ago treatment for that in some institutions included electroshock treatment. She described that to me when I was a boy and it still makes me very sad to think of my beloved grandmother undergoing that. Thank God that medical and psychiatric care has greatly improved! … OP it’s not easy dealing with mental health challenges and the fallout from that. You have my sympathy and concern. The first step is realizing that there is a problem and the next step is getting competent help… By the way, my impression from my present vantage point of my grandmother’s mental health is that it deteriorated more when she was alone for long periods of time. When she was around people and when she had things to do that needed being done she seemed happier. I am no psychologist, I’m just thinking out loud about my grandmother.