By Annoyed - 28/10/2011 20:25 - United States

Today, my boyfriend's mother told me she bought the same perfume that my boyfriend got me for Christmas last year. He loves that perfume. Now, whenever he smells me, he's going to think of his mom. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 404
You deserved it 2 838

Same thing different taste

Comments

Is your boyfriend's name Oedipus Rex? ;) I hear he had a bit of a complex... =/

For some reason I'm not seeing the problem with you and your boyfriend's mother wearing the same perfume.

randiilee16 1
JinxosGirl87 0

At least your BF isn't trying to get you to buy a perfume his ex used to wear...unlike SOMEONE I know!

txgirl09 5

Maybe it's the psych student in me, but I will never forget my teacher telling me that one of the best ways to attract a man is to wear the same perfume as his mother. It's something to do with associating them with being comforted and loved. (the teacher even made mention of this being in a non-sexual context)

This is true. If a guy says you remind him of his mother, and he loves his mother, that's a good thing!

I moderated this FML! :D What do I win? Also, guys like me who are momma's boys would love that you two have the same smell. I love my mom :)

Or maybe when he sees his mom he'll think of you?

I wouldn't worry about it to much. You had it first, so his memories with the smell will likely be associated with you. If he starts moaning his moms name in bed, then is the time to RUN LIKE HELL!!!! Or promote further encouragement of this line of thought if you are super strange and kinky, though since you posted this as an fml.... Doubtful. * collective sigh from all the Horney bastards out there*