By jaxattax - 20/10/2009 20:17 - United States

Today, my boyfriend gave me a fancy chocolate candy and I got angry at him for forgetting that I'm allergic to chocolate and threw the candy into the garbage disposal. Turns out, he had spent a ton of money getting a chocolatier to put an engagement ring inside the candy that I just destroyed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 553
You deserved it 82 895

Same thing different taste

Top comments

KaylaKiwified 0

I'm going to say you're incredibly stupid here, and YDI. And HDI, too. He should've remembered something like that, and maybe put it in something you aren't allergic to, like roses, or something. And why didn't you just throw it in the trash? Do you always throw things down the garbage disposal first?

But still...why would he hide the ring in something he knew you were allergic to?

Comments

I have yet to see such things myself, though I have searched. And thus I stand corrected. I apologize for my misinformation.

lmaoatyourlife 0

I don't see why people are calling her a 'stupid bitch', if your partner brought you something that you were allergic too you wouldn't then keep it for yourself, or give it to them for the simple reason that they forgot about something that could possibly KILL YOU. If anything, he's the douche for putting an engagement ring in something she is allergic too. Hardly says 'i want to spend the rest of my life with you'

BikerMike 0

They are both stupid *******. He is a ******** for hiding the ring in the chocolate and she is a **** face for throwing it into the trash.

if i was the boyfriend i would almost definitely go apeshit, you didnt have to destroy it! i would have asked for it back and got the ring out... if omeone gives you something you cant use dont just immediately get pissed and destroy it, even if he should know you are allergic to it.

mrzero 0

I guess u need to get laid to open your dumb head

zootsuit 0

wow, you sound like a bitch. even if he forgot that your allergic to chocolate, getting mad and throwing it IN THE GARBAGE DISPOSAL is just a bitch thing to do. if you're like that now, imagine after a few years of marriage! =P way to screw that up, i hope he came to his senses and returned the ring

your an ungrateful bitch:/ YDI! he did it cuz he loves you! you didn't have to yell at him you could have said oh honey you know I'm alergic! so ya ur a real bitch or that I hope he's real mad with u

"It's the thought that counts-" stories like this are precisely why that statement is bullshit. YDI, and congrats to him- gives him an easy out. Hope it didn't cost him too much, but learning you're a ******* psycho BEFORE getting married is certainly worth whatever he paid for the ring.

TenebrificTurtle 0

Yeah she shouldn't have chucked it, but what type of "thoughtful gift" is something that can kill you. While it was a nice gesture to buy her something, it undermines the whole "I love you and want to marry you" if he forgets something important like that. Perhaps he is forgetful all the time? She's allergic, I would be pissed if my boyfriend tried to kill me, even if the murdering was sweet. And she didn't know the ring was in there. Next time try putting it on top of the desert, it won't get chocolate in iffy places.