By anonymous - 29/12/2009 01:21 - United States

Today, my boyfriend called me 80 times in 5 minutes. I had previously told him I was with my friends. He left me a voicemail proposing saying he loved me to death and he was crying. We've been dating for a week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 234
You deserved it 5 043

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

erica123 0

if both of you clarify that your are dating each other and not anyone else then he is considered your bf

erica123 0

okay first of all don't get so freaked out about an exageration and some people do call, listen for a few seconds and hang up because they didn't answer and try again. second of all don't automatically assume he will be abusive because it all depends on the guy. I had a guy tell me he was IN love with me and he would probably marry me on the first day that relationship ended but we are still friends however I had another guy ask me to marry him after the first week and when I turned him sown he freaked out sayin that he gave everything for me and he was only 17 so really he had nothing to give. so just depends on the guy how he will react and I apologize for the bad English that everyone freaks out about cuz I really don't feel like fixing it, as long as y'all get the point

80 times in 5 minutes?! at least you know he has fast fingers .

Run get out of it he is a creep and won't do you any good I dump him if I was you

erica123 0

Oh myfriend_youfail, I see your point and that is harsh but that doesn't always happen with every guy. I'll admit most of them yes it does happen and that sucks but some do marry after a short time and actually have a great relationship. And I appreciate you not freaking out on me or calling me a **** like some of the other rude people who comment:)

Oh, I won't dispute your point that some relationships work out very quickly. My own boyfriend and I moved in together after two months, and we've already decided on marriage later on after I graduate and get a steady job. But then, we also know each other very well. We took the time and effort to each become comfortable with the other person to a degree that we can name off our favorite colors and foods, educational history, pretty much everything about each other, without really having to think about it. I suppose the real difference lies in how well the two people get to know each other. If your relationship moves at a fast pace and you step everything else up to match, things can work out. If you throw yourself into a relationship without really knowing the other person, that's just asking for trouble. But as this relates to the OP. I see a huge warning sign in the fact that he called her so often in such a short period of time, when he already knew she was otherwise occupied. The ONLY reason I'd find that behavior acceptable is if there were some sort of emergency that required they talk ASAP. I'm talking about a BIG emergency, like if a family member were dying or something equally horrible. Calling dozens of times within a few minutes to propose after only a week of dating.....that's not only a bit extreme, it's downright crass. I think a proposal should be done in person, or at least in a live phone conversation if the two parties live far apart. NEVER in a voicemail message.

erica123 0

93 even though you look at girls as so we are all so easy to read and are all the same, you are right in some ways this guy could be actually nice bit all these girls freak out and judge him to quickly

Dude, he proposed after a week and cried and called her multiple times in a row while she was visiting friends. That's not judging. That's common sense. You have to be able to pick up on red flags like that or else you're going to end up in a lot of trouble!

Dude, guys who get all asshurt over the "nice guys finish last" crap are usually doing something wrong, and it's not JUST being nice. There is a HUGE difference between nice and creepy/needy/co-dependant. We want a guy who can be independant and also isn't an asshole. My guy treats me like a princess, and takes care of me, but he isn't a complete pushover. He has no problem standing up to me over things he doesn't like.

Well damn, pimpin88, you know what you're talking about. I don't know how many girls will go "omg not meeee" but that there is a great summary of at least three quarters of the female population anywhere you go. Good job, buddy.

ihatestupidppl 0

Why is everyone getting so worked up about the week? I've been with my boyfriend for over a year. So at one point last November, we had been dating for a week. Why would it have been inappropriate to refer to him as my boyfriend then, but not now? Or is it still inappropriate?! Every long term relationship was a week old at some point. Get over it. As far as the OP goes: Run. Run fast.

Well, in most relationships, there is a dating period. I consider my boyfriend and I to have been together almost a year now, but we weren't bf/gf till last April. I wouldnt call anyone my boyfriend after a week. It's too soon and I wouldn't know enough about the person, yet.

fed_up_thespian 9

I agree, and very well put, no one else seemed to hit the nail on the head. I don't really understand the fact that the younger people I know (and I'm not exactly old here) don't seem to have a word for casually getting to know a person through going out on dates (um, what I call dating?) but they have multiple words for levels of hardcore commitment (dating, as in being a bf/gf couple, "promised", engaged). Frankly it just makes my life complicated, as I am currently getting to know a guy to see if we want to go for a real relationship. Saying we're dating seems to be giving people the wrong idea, since, if we decide not to become a couple, there will be no drama and no breakup, just stopping going out, and I don't consider him my bf yet, but on the other hand saying we're friends is pretty insulting to him. I'm sure someone will say something like "labels don't matter", "follow your heart", etc, etc, etc.... in advance I say, I see your point, but he's taking me to a NYE party in my hometown with my friends, and he is from another state, so I will be introducing him all night long as my ...? I mean, once or twice you can get away with "This is Joe", but after a while he is going to notice. While my general theory on relationships is to be completely honest about everything, it's hard in this case because it's hard to ask what we are to one another/how he wants to be introduced without having the commitment conversation, which it is SO not time for. Doesn't calling someone your bf/gf right away just lead to more breakups? That's gotta suck.