By fatty:( - 15/04/2011 09:30 - Australia

Today, my 15 year old daughter got kicked out of her cheerleading squad because she was overweight. I heard one of the cheerleaders say, "She must be overweight because her mom is." FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 390
You deserved it 13 856

Same thing different taste

Top comments

greg1234567890_fml 2

stupid *****. dont even worry about it.

sounds like you care about yourself more than your daughter

Comments

AllThatHit 7

if your overweight, then certain things are not accomplishable especially in cheerleading when the other girls have to throw you around. but bluntly saying " your too fat" is just mean

Auntie_Christ 0

They are blaspheming because you were made in the image of The Lord. Tell them to take it up with him. In the meantime call your local television station that has an "on your side" segment during their newscast and get the word out about that school. Call them out in public.

Ydi. I hate fat people who don't try to do anything about it and just become a statistic for fatass americans and ydi for passing that onto your daughter, it's not her fault if you didn't raise her to value her health.

the fact that op's daughter was involved in cheerleading, which can be a demanding activity, contradicts your point. obviously the daughter was getting regular exercise, which her mom seems to have encouraged.

Follow them home one night, then fart all over them. Slash their faces off, too.

jenaandtyler4eva 0

you should go and talk to your daughter about how she feels and make her feel better and your supposed to be the mature one and not care about what people think f your daughters life for not having a understanding mom

xmarkstheheart 0

A lot of commenters on here are screaming "lawsuit" and other dumb things like "you can be fat and healthy." Here's the real deal: if the cheer squad's routines are all designed to include those skyward-projectile throws that launch the cheerleader into the air, then they were perfectly justified in kicking her off the team. Excess weight could endanger them when catching. Simple cheering is different than full-on athletic routines. If considered an athletic event, all participants must be of a comparable size. That's why they don't match up a flyweight boxer with a heavyweight; it's unfair to all involved. Having said that, it was rude of them to even mention you in their decision. But a lawsuit? No. Maybe get the principal to have the cheer coach present a technical evaluation of the routines as well as establish a weight guideline for different types of maneuvers, similar to boxing or wrestling weight classes.

The flaw in your argument here is that not every girl on a cheer squad is a flyer, whether they are the right weight or not. They weren't perfectly justified because all they had to do was not make the OP's daughter a flyer. The chances are good that the girl was fine at the base of the pyramids and could still catch the flyers. Plus if she stays on the squad the exercise from the routines as well as training the weight room, and such, will help her lose weight.

what is this? ******* judge Joe Mathis meets Judy?

Wow OP how's that narcissism working out for you? Did it occur to you AT ALL to, oh I dunno, comfort your daughter for the humiliating ordeal she went through? **** your daughter's life for having a self centred bitch for a mother.

don't worry about u! worry about ur daughter!!!! I mean girls are harsh at that age (I kno because I am one and the girls in my grade are jerks), and u shouldn't care cuz ur the adult who cares what they think! but ur daughter, she has to look at them every day... it's a very stressful and self-conscious age... i think tht she should b the one posting the fml, not u

btw, I don't mean it offensively but I'm just saying that u shouldn't care, but ur daughter will, so try to teach her not to care by not caring urself and loving both u and her just the way u guys r becuz u guys r perfect :)

riddence 0

good.. When im watching cheerleaders do their thing I dont want to see some muffin top bouncing up and down :)

That is horrible. What the ****?! A little bit of weight (so that you don't look completely skeletal) is normal, and advisable! The fact that's unacceptable to so many is disgusting.

OfficialxAmber 0