By I Have Failed - 02/04/2014 20:10 - Spain - Madrid

Today, my 14-year-old son's pathetic rebellion came to a head. He ran away from home, leaving a note saying he hates me and was leaving forever to be part of a gang his friends had formed. He came back an hour later crying. His whole gang had gotten mugged, which he somehow blamed me for. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 149
You deserved it 6 602

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I feel bad, but that's a bit of karma. A bit more than he bargained for, but still.

Comments

I feel bad, but that's a bit of karma. A bit more than he bargained for, but still.

askullnamedbilly 33

Disowning a 14 year old for being an overemotional, irrational teenager? It's kind of their job description at that age. They grow out of it.

#24 - right on the money OP's son was mugged of?

38, that's so sad when you think of it. That kid probably lost all his money :'(

We aren't in futile Japan. We don't just say... You dishonor family! You are not my son! I banish you from family name! Now be gone! And cast them aside like used toilet paper. They call them RAGING hormones, not calm, quiet, happy hormones. Besides, weren't you once a teenager?

Is that the Japan that tried really hard but was still useless? Or do you perhaps mean feudal?

revan546 24

Judging by his son's idiotic behavior they probably picked a fight and couldn't handle it.

It's a mugger mug mugger would out there

It's even worse when muggers mug mugs from muggers that also mug mugs.

The same bad asses who surround soldiers in civilian clothes knowing full well they are soldiers and rob them. Gangs outside of Ft. Lee did it all the time. Who robs a 4 pack of Red bull? Seriously!

When you're a Jet you're a Jet all the way!

lexiieeex3 32

I think he has an outdated definition of the word "gang." I'm pretty sure gang members don't come home crying to their mommies.

Thanks #32, now I want to watch Westside Story :)

You must not of seen a school in years. When I was in high school just 4 years ago every wannabe thought they were a gangster. Whether they count as a "real" gangster or not kids are still going to call themselves gangsters because being one, to them makes them a cool badass.

Our Gang, starring Buckwheat and Alfalfa!

Shame how could you rob the kiddy wonna be gangsters. Thug my wallet life

All those words are English, yet I still don't understand what you are saying.

I'm almost certain "wonna" is not an English word. But I get your point.

Translation: "Shame, how could you rob the childlike wannabe gangsters? Thug (AKA I have no need to commit crimes because I'm an entitled brat) life.

Okay guys I'm typing this in google translate

That's a lesson to teach him he's not ready to be out on his own yet and to treat his parents with respect. Sadly, he's having an issue learning the second part.

askullnamedbilly 33

Be honest, everyone has one or two of these moments growing up. During your teenage years, you scoff at your parents telling you that you're overreacting and that things will look different when you're grown up, but once you are... you usually realize they were right about a lot more than you're ready to admit.

But most people don't 'run away' and form a 'gang'.

Now he's never going to leave because he'll be too scared

jazzy_123 20

"I didn't choose the thug life, the thug life chose me"

But the thug life did not choose OP's son.

I chose the thug life, but the thug life rejected me.

It could have been worse. He could have not come back and gotten into more trouble

chocolatefrog28 29

At least he got it out of his system and can use it as a learning experience later.

Has he chosen a street name yet? People with street names don't get mugged, they get respect; "Whaddup home slice, I be 25cent! #ThugLife"

jazzy_123 20

25cent? you don't know anything about street names do you?

It sounds like this kid still hasn't found what he's looking for.

My street name is 4th Ave NE. I was going to go with Washington and Main, but then I realized that Washington and Main isn't a street name, but a corner, so I changed it to 4th Ave NE. What? Someone said I get cred if I have a street name. So where's my cred?

My street name is "Wall." I'm about as street as you can get. Might as well paint yellow dashes across me and run me over.