By I Have Failed - 02/04/2014 20:10 - Spain - Madrid

Today, my 14-year-old son's pathetic rebellion came to a head. He ran away from home, leaving a note saying he hates me and was leaving forever to be part of a gang his friends had formed. He came back an hour later crying. His whole gang had gotten mugged, which he somehow blamed me for. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 149
You deserved it 6 602

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I feel bad, but that's a bit of karma. A bit more than he bargained for, but still.

Comments

At least he came back hopefully not too harmed I don't think he'll run again soon

Guess he chose the thug life, but the thug life didn't choose him.

I suppose that's opposite for me. The thug life chose me but I didn't chose it. I wanted to become a ballerina! Well, at least I'm dodging bullets and the police with the grace of a swan.

You should have told him while he was gone you had rented his room out, and it belonged to "Todd" now and he'll have to sleep in the back yard.

Be honest. Were you responsible? Because that would be a -badass- way of taking the wind out of a gang's sails. xD

rdenkewicz 11

This is a perfect opportunity for you as a parent! Karma has shown him that he is better off listening to his parents and you can really encourage him to make good life choices!

I don't understand why this got down voted, you're completely right & logical.

PresidentNorth 16

Because its already been said.

so then why did you (#112) get down voted ? =p

askullnamedbilly 33

That'd be the hormones running rampant in his brain. Wait for it to blow over and try to distract yourself from thoughts of filicide for the next few years - ideally by taking a lot of videos that you can embarrass him with when he's out of the woods and old enough to realize what a little shit he was.

Bet the muggers got away with it too. This is what he and his gang gets for being those meddling kids.

The image that pops up in my head after reading this is hilarious. Hope he learned something from this.

skittyskatbrat 19

There is a reason some animals eat their young ;-) Record this. Do you have ANY idea how great a blackmail video this will be in the future when HE has kids???