By GhettoBeast - 08/09/2009 04:42 - New Zealand

Today, it was the first day of my job at a kindergarten. A boy fell over in the playground, so I ran over to see if he was OK. He got up and had a huge red mark on the side of his face. Shocked, I yelled "Oh my god, your face!" Turns out it's a very large port-wine birthmark and now he won't stop crying. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 855
You deserved it 15 636

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YDI because you dont react like that to a child, it will freak them the **** out. but also FYL because how would you know?

Try to explain it to him. Be nice. Kids are forgiving when you can own up to your mistakes. And for future reference, a better response would be: "That was quite a fall. Are you okay?" in a calm, caring voice.You being scared makes them scared.

Comments

picturetaker 0

YDI for making a scene about it. it's a child!

fmlfmlfml15 0

it was her first day, but maybe she should have known that?

seriously. the last thing you want to do is panic the kid. Y TOTALLY DI

totally one of the first things you learn is to stay calm for instance telling them they sprung a leak instead of that they are bleeding...kinda an obvious thing

the_stereotype 0

you can "learn" to stay calm, but if a kid has a giant red gash on his face, you WILL freak out

jackal181 7

Lol you also deserve it for writing ok in capital letters....

As if you didn't realise before hand, unless you start your first job without meeting parents/kids and letting them play..

True, but some schools have more than one class per year, so she could have been supervising a play with children who weren't in her class, so she hadn't met yet.

YDI because you dont react like that to a child, it will freak them the **** out. but also FYL because how would you know?

she obviously doesn't handle stressful situations well.

Imrickjamesbitch 0

Try to explain it to him. Be nice. Kids are forgiving when you can own up to your mistakes. And for future reference, a better response would be: "That was quite a fall. Are you okay?" in a calm, caring voice.You being scared makes them scared.

Imrickjamesbitch 0

Yeah okay mommy! I'll remember that next time. NOW SUCK MY DICK BITCH

I don't know about you, but my mum would kick my ass for saying that to someone and behaving like that.

lol fyl for sure. now he's gonna assemble a group of kindegardners to gang beat you :D. ________________________________ www.youtube/jimmyjimjobobo123.com

Even if he hadn't had a large birthmark, screaming "OH GOD, YOUR FACE!" is just going to freak him out more. I understand it was your first day and you were probably on edge, but come on. If you stay calm, he'll stay calm, you can get them bandaged up and back out on the playground to fall again in no time.