By Anonymous - 19/05/2011 02:48 - United States

Today, it was my first day as an animal control officer. My first dispatch was to collect a dog that had been hit by a car. I had to clean up my dead dog on my first day of a job that barely pays rent. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 495
You deserved it 4 221

Same thing different taste

Top comments

did any of you read where he says MY DOG, show some sympathy....

ihatecake 0

that really sux man hang in there

Comments

wow what are the chances :( sorry for your loss. but at least in the end you will help and save many more animals lives. that, my dear, is what is worth it in the end.

I like how the first 6 comments didn't even realize it was his own dog. sheesh, if I lost my little boy (the one in my pic), I'd be a wreck. sorry, man. I feel for ya.

PurpleChick96 3

you're not the only one who has to do dirty work for a living.

I don't think the problem here was that he's doing a dirty job.. I think the FML is that the first thing he did in his new dirty job is clean up HIS OWN dead dog that had been hit by a car while he was at work.

PurpleChick96 3

I see that now, I over looked it, though.

A lot of people missed the fact it was his dog..

Sorry I had to refresh page to see the next set of comments.

NavyAvi 0

fyl bro I feel your loss. hang in there.

0223 0

Omg YOUR dog? that's so sad !!!!

This is heartbreaking. I am so sorry, OP. I wish I could offer more comfort than an FML comment. I would hug you if I could.

Your dog is your responsibility. You should have made sure he/she was unable to get loose and run in the street.

Maybe he/she did and the dog just happened to figure out a way to get out, or possibly someone else let the dog out... Not everything with animals can be predicted or prevented, especially with the smart ones. I have a shepard/ husky mix, and she always finds a way out eventually.

Don't bother asking who let the dog out. Next thing you know, people will be singing.

I was thinking this too. See, I'm assuming since he mentioned that this job barely covers rent, he's doing it alone. Who could have let it out? A burglar? I'm sorry if it sounds insensitive, and it's still an FYL, but why wasn't his dog kept in a safer place? Still feel for you, but don't worry, the job will get much better.

I have an Australian kelpie, she's brilliant, but not even her brilliance can grow her opposable thumbs to open the doors to my house and get out. It's 100% your fault if your dog gets out (if some other jerk didn't let it out). If you can't keep your dog inside (crate training, for instance, if you don't trust your dog in your house), invest in the triple threat: dog run, and a fence in case the run breaks, and the Invisible Fence for extra insurance. Or, an outdoor floored kennel, but make sure you give your dog a dog house, fresh water, and shade (dog house does not count as shade).

That sucks, it really does! However, I feel the need to ask how it got out into the road? Surely you secured it in the house or something before you left for work? If not then YDI. If it somehow escaped then that doubly sucks.

I'm sorry, but NOONE DESERVES IT. That is cruel to say that dog deserved to die bc he failed to lock it up. Even if his dog managed to escape it still does t deserve to die. Its a living animal.

Where exactly did I say the dog deserved to die?

am I the only one that gets the irony that dead animals don't need controlling..?