By 00bsg - 21/12/2013 15:46 - United States - Salem

Today, it's my 21st birthday. All my friends and family said they were busy so I figured I was getting a surprise party. Nope. They all were actually busy. I spent my birthday alone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 094
You deserved it 4 336

Same thing different taste

Comments

Epikouros 31

At least it'll be less awkward than that time only my roommate's brother showed up at my birthday party.

mollymd 1

To top it off, it's also your golden birthday. Yikes.

SuperMew 22

It sucks, but as you get older people are less likely to be able to spend your birthday on your actual day. I never celebrate my birthday the day of, and have come to sort of expect that. 21 is a big one, but pick another day where people are free (a Sunday maybe) and go then. It doesn't mean people hate you or don't love you, they are honestly busy.

I can't believe I have to do laundry on my BIRTHDAY. I can't believe I have to pay for sex on my BIRTHDAY.

As long as they at least wished you a happy birthday, there's nothing to complain about really. I don't understand everyone's obsession with birthdays. It's not like you're celebrating an accomplishment; you're just another year older. Congratulations. You're not going to be able to have a birthday party every year, but if you really want to do something, just ask a few people if they'd like to go out to eat with you on an agreed-upon date and you can order a drink, since you're 21. No need to sulk about it. It's someone's birthday every day; can't expect people to plan their lives around you. I'm going to say YDI only because you expected a surprise party. You just set yourself up for disappointment.

so alot of people spend their birthdays alone.

That is one of the most depressing things I've ever heard!

ahippienamedrae 10

Who needs friends and family to get drunk anyway?