By fmlgirl - 25/04/2009 18:41 - United States

Today, is my boyfriend and my 3 year anniversary. We decided to give each other something that we really needed. I bought him the $300 worth of books that he needed for college. He surprised me with a workout video and exercise equipment. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 418
You deserved it 11 827

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MukyDaCookie 0

I don't get it. Why do people post FML's about their significant other calling them fat? At least you have a boyfriend/girlfriend i'm surprised they don't dump you for being a fat emotion _____

Comments

I use gramer gud, my penis is biger dan yrs. Really? Bad grammar offends you so much that you couldn't let the first correction stand, it was imperative that you add your own? It's funny because you think you're real people. :) @ 41 and 45: Some women work out now and then for the fun of it, yes. Women who spend that much time working out, though, do it because they are unhappy with their bodies. If you're that insecure and someone who you think loves and accepts you gives you a present which means you can do even more working out, the natural thought process is "He wants to work out more, I'm not good enough as I am." And if you're spending twelve hours a week in the gym, you're already not good enough in your own eyes. So think first, 'kay? @ #102: "We decided to give each other something that we really needed." I have no problem spending a lot on gifts for other people, but I won't apply the same mentality to buying things for myself, I don't see the point in spending a lot of money for myself. So if my shoes are falling apart, and someone buys me shoes for my birthday, yes it was something I needed, but it was something i wouldn't have bought for myself. Not out of lacking the balls to go all the way to a shoe shop, but I could have spent that money on someone else, which I prefer to do. If students can use books in the library they're not going to spend $300 of their own money.

well ill have it if you dont want it... ill just sell it on ebay

lolololcheese 0

Today, someone was honest with me about my obesity and I got offended. FML

id rather get a workout video than books.. fat or not.

frozen_heart 0

dude if my bf bought me exercise equipment i'd be so excited, that shit isn't cheap. and he knows i work out, so...i wouldn't take it as an insult.

deni_kaos 0

i think that the best way to word that fist sentence is "today, my boyfriend and i are celebrating our three year anniversary"

Meemer147 0

well, i guess its kinda fair. You told him he's dumb, he told you you're fat. Oh well.

Well, that was actually thoughtful if you think about it. Have you been talking about how you wanted to get in good physical shape? Now you don't have to buy all that equipment yourself.

Today, me and my girlfriend were celebrating our third anniversary. I bought her over $400 worth of fitness equipment as she, like most women, are always complaining that they need to lose weight. She bought me some books. FML.

Frankly, it sounds to me like you're overly sensitive about your body image. And if you really are overweight as implied, be glad to be with someone who still likes you for who you are.