By ScrewedOver - 02/01/2010 00:09 - United States

Today, is January 1st. Last night, I threw a party. Only 3 people came. Luckily, one of the people who came was the love of my life, I had been hoping to get a midnight kiss from him. Unluckly, he decided to get back with his ex-girlfriend. At my party. They were liplocked almost the whole time. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 268
You deserved it 4 534

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you "loved" him, then you shoudl've told him. (Although I doubt it was love, I'm thinking it was more of an ongoing crush) "Today, the guy I 'love' got back together with his ex because I didn't tell him how I feel. FML" Your life is not ******.

This guy wasn't stupid. He knew what he wanted and he got it. "Stupid" would be spending a lot of time and effort to plan a party, inviting someone who you think is the "love of your life", and just hoping that he'll fall madly in love with you for no particular reason. In other words, stupid is believing that fairy tales are documentaries.

Comments

why did you invite his ex!? YDI YDI YDI

lilshawty18 0

wow...thats so ****** up....by the way why did you invite his ex? was she like one of your friends? if she was wat kind of a friend does that? honestly you shouldve kicked the exs ass!!! thats wat i wouldve done

If the ex was one of the OP's friends thats all the more reason OP shouldnt have been looking to get with the guy. Friends ex's are no-no's,. that is if you respect your friends.IMO

Or if you have permission from your friend. You at least need to discuss it with them.

aquariusxx 0

@14 technically, op would be the bad friend. seeing as the ex obviously had the boy first, since she's the ex and all, and op was just trying to get with him now.

xxxNataliexxx 0

I think mentioning the date was more of a transition. Every FML starts with "Today" so she couldn't jump right into talking about last night.

So why didn't you hook up with the third person?

Reality_bites 14

OP, If they had broken up, why the hell would you invite BOTH of them to your New Years Eve Party, particularly if you were hoping to score with him? Thats just asking for them to get back together. I mean that provides the opportunity for them to talk to each other about things. And talking usually involves a conversation about the feelings that they still have for each other. And its New Years where the alcohol is flowing and the promise of a new year makes anything seem possible. If you were hoping to score with the guy and the ex is not a good friend of yours, you should have invited him ONLY. If the ex is a good friend of yours, really consider whether that guy is worth it, cause nothing will destroy a good friendship faster than hooking up with your friends ex if she is not totally over him. At least now you know how he feels. He chose the ex. Time to move on.

She invited the ex-girlfriend because it would have been really awkward if only two people came to her party... and apparently she doesn't know anyone else.

Well at least they stayed for the party... Wouldn't you feel worse if only one person showed up to your party? :D

cookies_for_you 0

okay...so you want to get with this guy, and invite his ex to the same party? idiot.

Your pic has pancakies, but your name says cookies. WTF