By poorcollegestudent - 30/10/2009 20:32 - Canada

Today, I went to my university bookstore and tried to use my debit card to pay, but got the "Insufficient Funds" notification. I was buying a single postage stamp, which costs 57 cents. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 198
You deserved it 9 649

Same thing different taste

Top comments

One time when I was 16, I wrote a check and got charged 30 dollars by the bank for overdrawing my account. What was the magical purchase? A soda... for $1.05. Life lesson learned: learn to balance your account! So you'll have money to spend, even for silly things like stamps, sodas, or whatever.

You used a debit card to buy one stamp!? I'm surprised they'd even consider accepting it.

Comments

One time when I was 16, I wrote a check and got charged 30 dollars by the bank for overdrawing my account. What was the magical purchase? A soda... for $1.05. Life lesson learned: learn to balance your account! So you'll have money to spend, even for silly things like stamps, sodas, or whatever.

why the hell do you pay for a soda with a check? and why **** did you try to pay for a postage stamp with a debit card?

bugmenotmofo 34

hey, at least you didn't get an overdraft fee for $30. The new york times did an article about overdraft fees earlier (this is not spam, this is information) http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/09/your-money/credit-and-debit-cards/09debit.html

TBF you deserve what you get for trying to use your card for 57 cents. Next time, go to the ATM and take some cash out - and check your balance at the same time. Its because of people like you that I end up queueing 10 minutes longer than necessary in the supermarket when I'm on lunch. There is no excuse for even considering paying for something under $10 on card.

ruben7467 0

people. you really need to know how much money you have.

You used a debit card to buy one stamp!? I'm surprised they'd even consider accepting it.

Inked2009 0

It's your own fault, you need to keep on top of checking your account online.

dancingyrlie 1

if you are irresponsible and weren't paying attention to how much money you had in your account ... YDI. if you balance your account regularly and knew you had $1,000, and this post is about how you discovered someone had stolen your identity and charged shit to your card ... FYL. need more info, OP!

why would you even try buying that with your debit? even homeless people carry around a little more than that in change. maybe you should start pan handling.

you deserve the shit outta that.... 57 cents is chump change! go round up some spare change instead of buying that on debit

go look under your car seats, you will find the money there