By Ally - 27/09/2015 01:47 - Canada - Etobicoke

Today, I wrote a song for my boyfriend on paper. The first thing he did was correct my grammar. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 016
You deserved it 8 468

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe writing poems to a grammar nazi wasn't the best idea

andits 21

Be romantic with someone who can handle romance. He should've admired your effort. Plus poems don't always have to be grammatically correct.

Comments

did he appreciate it afterwards though?

itssohapi 15

My parents were married for ten years before my dad passed away, and my dad had the grammar of a middle school student even though he was 41. But every card, poem, random little love notes, and whatever he else he had written her she always kept because it was always something he did from his heart. Find someone who appreciates what you do right instead of what you do wrong. Hopefully he still had the decency to appreciate your gesture.

itwasntme14 19

I couldn't agree more, education level doesn't always reflect how well someone can write or spell. It's the words that matter not if something is grammatically correct.

If it was a haiku he doesn't know his poetry

I am sadly one if these people but I don't do things like that. I correct people when they are speaking verbally.

If he's like most grammar nazis I've come across, being able to show his superior grasp of written language would give him more joy than any heart-felt profession of love ever could. Congratulate yourself on being such a good girlfriend.

"I'll love you intill the end of time." Bad grammar, like bad spelling, is distracting.

This kind of reminds me of the drama "Playful Kiss".

I find bad grammar and spelling actually unappealing, it shows lack of attention to detail and disregard for knowledge