By Christine - 24/12/2016 17:56

Today I woke up with an extremely bad flu and severe nausea. As I rolled around wanting to die I remembered that 4 days prior, I had hoped to get a cold to skip a compulsary carol service for my Catholic school. Now, on Christmas Eve, I just want to say, be careful what you wish for. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 316
You deserved it 1 736

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mariri9206 32

12, their FML actually made me think of a vertigo episode. Not really sure why but it did. When I had my first really bad episode, I was feverish and nauseous so it kinda made me think OP might have that instead of an actual flu. Again, not really sure why. Try dramamine for the nauseous, though, OP.

Damn that's harsh. Well at least there is a lesson to be learned, I'll be sure to mail you a puke bucket for Christmas.

Comments

Damn that's harsh. Well at least there is a lesson to be learned, I'll be sure to mail you a puke bucket for Christmas.

And that lesson is: ignore all the times you wish something bad would happen and nothing does. Instead, be superstitious. Watch what you wish for, avoid black cats, and throw salt over your shoulder like you're bailing out a lead boat.

Hopefully you get well soon, and this doesn't entirely ruin the holidays for you.

That's harsh, well at least there is a lesson to be learned I guess. Get well soon and I hope you try to have a Merry Christmas.

They also say "you are what you eat". Only logical solution is to consume all the bread at Holy Communion. People will be singing you carols and celebrating your birthday instead.

...so, you went from singing carols to the blues!

mariri9206 32

What are the symptoms for your flu? The nausea makes me think it might be something else that could be cured with some medication.

People usually say "flu" when they actually mean gastroenteritis (when it's something that comes with nausea/vomiting). That bugs me.

mariri9206 32

12, their FML actually made me think of a vertigo episode. Not really sure why but it did. When I had my first really bad episode, I was feverish and nauseous so it kinda made me think OP might have that instead of an actual flu. Again, not really sure why. Try dramamine for the nauseous, though, OP.

cootiequeen4444 11

Are you still in grade school? I went to catholic school from kindergarten to high school and during high school there was nothing during winter break that had forced participation... And on grade school, I believe our Christmas music show/mass was a few days before actual Christmas as people were expected to potentially be visiting family which could mean beyond the state borders. That doesn't sound like catholic school-like but more 9th circle of hell-like. But yeah I'm pretty sure by high school we we could be forced to do anything after hours unless it was something we signed up for it e.g. band, choir, sports team, literal sign up sheet), barring graduation and community service hours, but what we did for community service wasn't dictated. Of course, you could be part of the schools choir... which makes me less sympathetic as your "wish" was wanting to cop out of your responsibilities. you should have known from day one you guys would be doing something for christmas. So yeah, I don't have enough info to judge either way.

Well, i don't see how this is a FML since you did wish for it. Am I missing something?

op wanted to get sick 4 days ago to miss the choir service. instead they got sick on Christmas eve.

Well, you got your Christmas Miracle... What more do you want? Your health?! Pshht....

Emma Marshall 19

If only that shit worked, id be rich.