By tapeissticky591 - 14/07/2012 05:49 - Canada - Sherwood Park

Today, I woke up naked, duck-taped to the wall, with no memory of last night. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 905
You deserved it 36 502

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh don't worry, there is bound to be photos to help re-jog your memory!

Hey could be worse, it could have been duct tape.

Comments

you don't even remember how to spell 'duct' I see..

Look it up before you correct people. The term "duck tape" actually predates "duct tape" because it was used to repair duck canvas.

oh, sorry. I don't exactly go around searching predating terms of every word.

TheDrifter 23

Duck tape is its proper name. Coined by, and created for, the US army. The name duck tape was due to the water resistant nature of the tape, designed to seal ammo cans and med totes. People only call it duct tape because they a) found out about its existance while watching a Larry the Cable Guy show or b) are simply too young to know better and are going through life oblivious to their mistake.

perdix 29

#17, and oddly enough, duct tape is shitty for repairing ducts! It's weird how things get their names, a butterfly is called that because it's a Spoonerism of "flutter-by."

Actually, Duck tape is a brand of duct tape. OP isn't wrong, he/she just used a specific brand name, and that's very common seeing as the Duck brand is the most well known brand of duct tape.

Oops.. The other comments weren't there when I posted that, didn't mean to repeat what others had said

lol. one of my friends is the bouncer of most the places I go. I fear one day this might be my fml.

Best fml EVER. Stuck to a wall.. How many people can say that?! And it be true!

Duck Tape is a brand, just like Scotch Tape. Good try though, grammar nazis.

The general term "duck tape" predates "duct tape." Look it up. It goes back at least to 1904.

TheDrifter 23

Duck tape was the original name for it when it was created for the army, about a century ago. Not sure how people forgot that, but me and op remembered.

"beneath this pillow lies the key to my escape" - sherlock holmes 2009 movie

that's why you don't leave your drink unattented at the bar lol

perdix 29

Were you taped there with your back against the wall, or facing it? If you were facing it, your next poo will be very enlightening ;)

Sigh...you must have posted yours while I was typing mine. Well played, sir. Well played.

Either that or simply sitting could be enlightening...

Well, it could be worse. If you're walking funny, I'd be even more worried.

What's funny is while I was typing this, I was actually hoping Perdix wouldn't beat me to the punch. Oh well!

He wouldn't know. Cuz he's kinda stick to a wall.