By wasted_gas - 05/10/2013 16:00 - United States - Cumming

Today, I woke up, got dressed, and left for the 1 hour drive to the nearest vet. When I arrived, I realized that I left my cat in its carrier on my kitchen counter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 790
You deserved it 27 016

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Common sense doesn't seem to be so common anymore

How do you forget the only reason you are driving to the vet?

Comments

Common sense doesn't seem to be so common anymore

scarface90 8

Unless OP has Alzheimer's, this has YDI all over it

imawesomeokay 15

If Op has Alzheimer's, it's not Op's fault.. You do know Alzheimer's is a disease, right?

imawesomeokay 15

oh shit i read that comment without the comma... I'll take the thumbs down with pride.

Common sense or a little of healthy paranoia?

juststephhere 23

Sometimes people have attention problems... Don't judge them.

michaelaranda 28

this isn't really a common sense problem. op just forgot. it happens to the best of us.

What does common sense has to to with forgetfullness?

Its the "forgetfulness" like this which causes infants to die in the car when left unattended in a parking lot. YDI.

its more irrispobisibility and a little bit of lying to make it seem the fault of forgetfulness. Really after being in a routine for so long, its pretty hard to forget about your baby in a car. Also, its an extremely low hit to make a comment like that.

#111, it doesnt matter what the excuse is, even in routine, people still forget that stuff. When innocent children die because of idiocracy, it doesnt matter what the excuse is. It is still a parent that left their child in the car, and this is exactly what this person has done in a sense. They left their pet at home when making the drive FOR the pet, which in my mind is completely stupid of the op.

imawesomeokay 15

No. **** Op's life. Op has to drive back to get the cat, which takes one hour, and then drive back to the vet. That's three hours of boredom and wasted gas.

but the cat also had to sit in that carrier with no food, water or litter for that same amount of time.

#26: It's not going to die in two hours.

imawesomeokay 15

My dog has stayed in his crate for hours while my whole family was out at school or work.. He was fine.

Most likely it won't be that big of a deal for a dog, especially if they were "crate trained" properly. I know my cat would be miserable if he was stuck in a carrier longer than he had to be. And it sucks that the OP didn't even check on his pet during that long drive to make sure he was okay. Dogs love car rides, cats do not.

"Dogs love car rides, cats do not." Seriously, do you know anything about animals? There are tons of dogs that hates car rides so much they'd rather eat a hedgehog than go into a car, and cats that are enjoying going for a ride. Talking like every animal of the same species are alike makes you sound a bit too uneducated considering that you have a cat of your own.

The cat will get even. They always do, OP check your shoes for poop every morning.

mimiminx 23

#37 how do you know your cat would be miserable? I wasn't aware cats have facial expressions

Wow 79. There's no reason to get that upset. It's gonna be okay.

I like #29's view of life. You're either perfectly fine or your dead. That makes everything so simple.

@ #79 Actually... Even my cat extremely dreads car rides while my dog loves them. Every turn we take and every time we brake, he would let out an uncomfortable mew and look depressed. My dog on the other hand extremely enjoyed them and loved to stick his head out the window in the summer wind. Yes some animals are different, but from the majority of the people I know who have either animal, their cats usually dislike car rides while their dogs love them. I feel this is an educated answer, and hopefully you feel the same.

And that's not how it is for me. My dog doesn't mind car rides, yes, but most of my friends dogs have problems with it, some of them since they haven't been trained properly. My cat on the other hand enjoyed car rides. It's still quite a narrow-minded thing to say that "All of this kind of species does and think like this".

Wouldn't you have heard in going nuts in the car if you had it o.O

Not all cats go nuts in cars. I had one who use to quite enjoy car rides. Fell asleep like a baby.

Every animal is different. My last cat, Jello, would try to go everywhere I went. She'd ride on my shoulder and make herself dizzy watching objects fly by. I don't know if she'd like a carrier though.

How do you forget the only reason you are driving to the vet?

Maybe the cats not the only pussy that needs attention?

Can we please just have ONE FML without any of these overused "puns"?

perdix 29

#23, no, because if we did, that would be a ... shitty situation. Swag!

I honestly don't see how you didn't notice sooner...

So you drove for an hour without once checking your cat? BS

And the moral of the story is to always make sure to give your pussy the time and attention it deserves? ;P Hopefully, lesson learned. ;)

olpally 32

How do you forget the cat??? Lol. Way to go, genius.

The same way anyone else forgets about anything else you stop thinking about it.