By carsuck - 11/11/2009 05:55 - United States

Today, I woke up at 6:00 am to the sound of somebody laying on their horn outside my apartment. I ran outside to yell at them only to find out it was my car. The horn was shortcircuting. All my neighbors stood on their porch laughing as I repeatedly punched my steering wheel to make it stop. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 363
You deserved it 4 160

Same thing different taste

Top comments

god damn I would have loved to have seen you driving to the mechanics with your horn going off "omg, wtf is that guy behind me beeping for, its a red light you ********!"

That would be really embarrassing. Sorry OP. I am wondering how effective punching the steering wheel was in remedying this.

Comments

dspadres 0

You fail at popping your hood and disconnecting your battery.

why would you disconnect the battery? just disconnect the horn.

dspadres 0

You think the OP would know where to even look to disconnect the horn? At least the battery is out in the open staring her in the face.

No, actually this does suck for most modern cars. Disconnect the battery and you lock out the stereo system and now you have to figure out the code to get it to work again (same goes for other some electronics). Usually the horn fuse is in an auxiliary fuse panel that you have to remove a kickboard to access. your best bet it to beat on the steering column until it stops and then get the steering wheel puller out (if you have one) to get at the little spring loaded contact that is causing this. Sucks, had to take care of this one before. FYL.

At least they just laughed at you. This could have been worse if a neighbour came out with your intentions, or to kick your ass. Take it as a story you'll ALL laugh about later.

That's hilarious. You should've just popped the fuse out. But at least they all laughed rather than yelled, like you did. :P

who ever said violence is not the answer?

I'm pretty sure the OP doesn't know what the **** "shortcircuiting" means.

x805xUnknown 6

YDI for not knowing how to fix it!

Xader 0

Either you're joking, or you're an ass. There're a lot of things I know how to do, but fixing a car horn isn't one of them...

Yeah right. Do you know how to? And even if you do know do you know how to, I don't know, cook, ski, woodwork, garden, program a computer, build a rocket, ect? No one knows everything ass.

flyinbleumonkey 0

remove the fuse from the fuse box. in the car guide it will show you were it is.

Be glad they were laughing. If i had to wake up at 6:00 to the sound of a horn, i would not think its funny.