By Anonymous - 14/08/2009 01:36 - United States

Today, I went to the school I work at, to set up my new classroom. I'm 5'1" and I was carrying a backpack full of fun educational posters. I also have a new boss. When we met for the first time he was yelling at me because "there were no students allowed in here yet." FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 529
You deserved it 3 050

Same thing different taste

Top comments

haha that's something that could happen to me too! I recently got a free entrance somewhere because entrance was free for kids til 15 years old. I'm 24.

Oh wow, you're a teacher right? They should know these things.

Comments

Oh man, this is going to be my life. I'm 19 years old, 4'11" and want to be a middle school English teacher when I get out of college. I feel for you. I still get offered children's menus in restaurants--most recently at a place where the children's menus were only for children under *8*. Some people just don't have eyes, do they?

OP should have STOOD UP (figuratively) for himself when ***** boss started to yell. Even if it was a student, there's no cause or point to yelling. As it is, OP has 'one up' on the boss from now on. Make the best of it instead of whining like a douche.

jumperdreams 0

There's no such thing as fun educational posters, its either childlike or ridiculously boring

TriniRockStar 0

I feel you pain i am also 5'1 and also often mistaken for a young child

My husband had dealt with this for the past year as a teacher. He is 5'11" but he is very young looking. Everyday teachers say stuff to him but it does get better. Just remember that in 10 yrs they will look horrible and you'll look great!!! Plus a lot of the time people will say it because it works as an easy conversation starter..."omgod you are so young, I can't believe you are a teacher". Heads up though...parents are the worst at it!!!

beasting 0

at least he didn't call you old

Isn't this how "Up the down staircase" starts out? Anyway, a simple "Umm, I work here" should suffice.

soundmind311 0

this is a good thing! that means u look like a young high schooler

Same thing happened to me once. I'm 4'11", though, and at the time I was 19. The security guard thought the other girl with me was my mother who was signing me into the late student log. We were the same age and both going to do classroom hours for our teaching certification. Hehe.

I don't really blame him, if someone was 5"1 I would make that mistake too probably if you didn't have any recognizable adult features.

We have a teacher in our school who's young, but looks VERY young, so there are all sorts of myths circulating about him being mistaken for a pupil by teachers in the staff room and the like :).