By Anonymous - 14/08/2009 01:36 - United States

Today, I went to the school I work at, to set up my new classroom. I'm 5'1" and I was carrying a backpack full of fun educational posters. I also have a new boss. When we met for the first time he was yelling at me because "there were no students allowed in here yet." FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 529
You deserved it 3 050

Same thing different taste

Top comments

haha that's something that could happen to me too! I recently got a free entrance somewhere because entrance was free for kids til 15 years old. I'm 24.

Oh wow, you're a teacher right? They should know these things.

Comments

sublime420 11

i thought it was kind of cute until i saw it was a guy...then i just felt bad for him...

I'm a 34 year old male who comes from a short family, and I was born a month early. I'm barely 5 ft. It sucks. I got called a midget the other day by some jerk brushing past me on the bus. But what makes it the worst is that females simply don't want to date someone my height. It's ok, I have the rest of my life to kill myself.

Ouch. That has never happened to me (I'm 5'2 and a teenager who looks older than she is), but I've worked with kids. Last summer, I was working in a class where the teacher was barely 5ft and looked 16 years old (she was 25). I actually mistook her for a camper several times, even though I helped in two of her classes. One mother, at Open House, felt the need to shout upon seeing her, "YOU LOOK VERY YOUNG! HOW OLD ARE YOU?" And a teacher at my dance studio looks younger than me and was mistaken for a student by her boss who treats all "children" like her own (i.e. hugs and kisses). Oh well, you'll get a little older and then this won't happen anymore.

doglover100 28

Sorry. I know a teacher who looks like a student. Everytime I see her I think she's a student until I see her teacher badge.

Happens unusually often. One of my classmates in high school received a lot of guff for...just about everything. She was short, pale, blonde, blue-eyed...and Spanish. (Like from Spain, not Mexico.) Students and teachers alike were always telling her that she couldn't be Spanish, because she was white and had blue eyes. and naturally blonde hair. And white girls can't be Spanish.(They said.) Well....after we graduated high school, while navigating my new college campus, I saw her talking to a professor. He apparently had mistaken her for the young child of a family member visiting a student and was talking to her using baby talk to attempt to locate her mother. She slowly asked him if he really thought that she was a kid, under the age of ten. Slowly the teacher said yes, and I could hear him realizing he'd made a mistake when I saw her throw up her arms and run across the grass, whooping with glee for having been mistaken for so young. (For the record, that was an 19-year old being mistaken as a 9-year old....even if she WAS under five feet tall.)

At least you'll look young when your old?

bleedingglitter 24

That's okay I either look so young or am just so small at 5 feet even that when my husband and I went out on a date the waiter asked him if it was cool for his sister to have an adults menu...

Why would a student want to come into school early?